By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

OK since The Conduit will be released on May is it even worth the wait? Even with games coming out on the system? Some people thinks that this game will be the trendsetter as far as Wii core gaming goes especially with the 3rd parties. But to tell you all honestly, its not even close SURE its an awesome game but its not as expected it to be. Im just posting this for anyone who still expecting much of this title, the 3rd party quality titles already proven, Monster Hunter 3, fragile, House of the Dead Overkill, marvelous titles, Skate it, Shaun White snowboarding, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, etc... so whats HVS tries to prove?

If this is the first good FPS title on the system I can agree with it, but a core title?!!

I dunno, I just hope no one will be disappointed about this if its just a average shooter with great graphics on the Wii and good motion controls. But I'm waiting more on Madworld and Fragile than this title. Half Life series was still the best FPS game to me.  I cant say about Goldeneye 64 because I didnt played it yet...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Of course its an average shooter. If anyone was trying to think it wasn't they were out of their mind.

It's not about it being the next big shooter that advances the industry. Don't even think HVS is trying to say that. It's about giving Wii the standard shooter that it has so desperately needed. And quality hopefully as well. So far the only attempt that has been made at that was Red Steel and COD5 and well they still fall short.

Sega and HVS are just looking to provide that standard shooter that hopefully can be built off later on. Now I'm not a big shooter person anymore but I need my Wii online shooter fix and The Conduit seeks to provide that for me.

But that's what The Conduit is. It's an average run of the mill shooter against today's standards but that which is temporarily not available on the console. More than likely though, it's big selling point will be its online.

Zucas said:
Of course its an average shooter. If anyone was trying to think it wasn't they were out of their mind.

It's not about it being the next big shooter that advances the industry. Don't even think HVS is trying to say that. It's about giving Wii the standard shooter that it has so desperately needed. And quality hopefully as well. So far the only attempt that has been made at that was Red Steel and COD5 and well they still fall short.

Sega and HVS are just looking to provide that standard shooter that hopefully can be built off later on. Now I'm not a big shooter person anymore but I need my Wii online shooter fix and The Conduit seeks to provide that for me.

But that's what The Conduit is. It's an average run of the mill shooter against today's standards but that which is temporarily not available on the console. More than likely though, it's big selling point will be its online.

Thats what Im pointed about, but even with COD WAW there are some people willing to wait for The Conduit and not buying anything else. And yes... anything else especially multiplat titles. They always says The Conduit is better whebn its released, I dont even think The Conduit can add multiplayer modes other than Team Deathmatch FFA and CTF. Which COD WAW have except for CTF. Even MOH: H2 dont have any modes asides CTF

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I feel that they are making a game that will push the Wii to the limits. After that game comes out it will make a standard for every big tittle to be the same way.

Why the hell is everyone slamming this game so much?
I said it before too much hype/wait is a bad thing. Look what its doing to the reputation of this game.

Around the Network

There's absolutely no way in hell I could ever be disappointed by this game. I even love Red Steel.

You see, thats the problem... Even 3rd parties such as SEGA and Namco Bandai are making quality titles for the Wii, even THQ are doing it even EA and Ubisoft with Skate it and Shaun White snowboarding. MH3 have way better graphics than The Conduit and we knew its only 50 percent complete.

So whats the point of waiting for a game even there are other games that will come out there? I think The Conduit will be a awesome game but definitely it will not be the standard. Maybe FPS game on the Wii, YES... But as Wii game in general? NO.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Valkyria00 said:
Why the hell is everyone slamming this game so much?
I said it before too much hype/wait is a bad thing. Look what its doing to the reputation of this game.

When the first showing of the Conduit comes out on IGN most of the games on the Wii so far at that time are ports and shovelwares. After a year later, I cant even manage what will buy in coming 2009...

I dont even think this game needs more hype as it already is. Its hard to be disappointed at a game just look what happened at E3.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

FPS on the Wii have been pretty half assed so far, but this one seems to take advantage of everything the system has to offer (Motion+, Wii Speak etc.)

The gameplay looks decent and it's pretty easily the best looking Wii game (even though that's like being the worlds tallest midget...)

What I'm saying is, they're actually putting some effort into it, and that's commendable...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
FPS on the Wii have been pretty half assed so far, but this one seems to take advantage of everything the system has to offer (Motion+, Wii Speak etc.)

The gameplay looks decent and it's pretty easily the best looking Wii game (even though that's like being the worlds tallest midget...)

What I'm saying is, they're actually putting some effort into it, and that's commendable...

As a FPS title. YES. I could agree with you, but as a trendsetter a game that could change how third parties thinks of the Wii? NO.

what we just have to do was to pray that the Wii could sell  truckloads that 3rd parties have no other option but to make games on the system like what happened on the DS.

E3 2010- Tape runs out