By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Underwhelmed by Home Beta

I don't know why second life... I mean Home... is so hyped.

Around the Network

like you said you only play ps3 when your going to play with a friend. maybe your not enjoying home because your friends don't have home and you feel lonely in home. there is nothing wrong with that, but i wouldn't criticise a beta, its a beta, its suppose to be missing stuff

they removed a bunch of things because they want to make sure everything works before home is released. like who wants something that is potentially awesome, but doesn't work. need a example-Socom conforntation. great game, but many bugs and server issues during launch and following weeks made the game unplayable

Keep in mind, Home isn't accually considered a game.

I was playing pool and bowling with a bunch of friends today it was pretty fun. And for something free you can't go wrong.

fjburgos said:
nightsurge said:

Well, I got the Home beta the other day, and so far it seems, well, underwhelming.  The initial hassle of creating your character with a very slow loading of the different customizations was a bit annoying, but in the end you can create a decent representation of yourself.

Then you have to download each new section, which isn't exactly too bad, it's another initial hassle when you want to go to a new area and have to wait a few minutes.  Oh, and what is up with Home forcing me to reserve 3GB of data for it?  Kind of deceiving when the download is only 77MB, but then it requires this 3GB space.  Not really that big of a deal considering I have plenty, just a bit misleading is all.

So, I get on and there were plenty of people in my area, but I really didn't exactly feel inclined to start conversations with them.  I found this one small area where people were virtual dancing, which just seems as retarded as dancing on WoW to me, so I walked away from that.  Then there was a group of people standing around chatting, but since you have to use text, it takes a while to carry out a good conversation.  Voice would be appreciated.  I haven't had a chance to checkout the arcade or bowling, or any individual game spaces, but having to walk around and download every single section is going to make me skip Home most of the time.  I mean, it isn't even like they are making over their entire interface.  They are just adding a social "game" where you can go in and have a "second life".  Maybe those things just aren't for me, but I just wasn't impressed.

The only things I found good were the big TV screens with trailers, and I'm sure the arcade, bowling, and some game spaces will be fun, but not worth my time considering I only ever turn on my PS3 when I am joining a buddy in a game.

Why do you have a ps3 because almost 75 percent of your post are anti ps3, do you recieve the console as a gift because you dont even have games for it.

I bought it a while back as a Blu-Ray player and for some games I thought would be good, but have dissappointed so far.  I have played CoD4, MGS4, Resistance, Warhawk, and Pixel Junk Monsters.  Pixel Junk Monsters was fun!

As far as voice chat, I guess I hadn't noticed since my headset wasn't on.  That one was my bad :(  I wasn't trying to be Anit-PS3.  Just because I have a different view, does not make it wrong.  I was merely stating that for me Home is a waste, as others have also shared my opinion.

Around the Network

To be completely honest the only that actually makes me interested in HOME is the news of trophies changing into currency in HOME with which you can purchase items and stuff.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Why the hell were people excited about this? It was sonys worst idea so far anyways , so why do people support it?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Ice breakers is awesome, I hear...

twesterm said:
What were you expecting to be so cool about Home? I really don't understand why people think it will be this awesome spectacular application.

I think Home's awesome...and very cool. Some will think it's a spectaculor application (like me) some will not (like you).

Its totally based on opinions:)

SMcc1887 said:
twesterm said:
What were you expecting to be so cool about Home? I really don't understand why people think it will be this awesome spectacular application.

I think Home's awesome...and very cool. Some will think it's a spectaculor application (like me) some will not (like you).

Its totally based on opinions:)

Yeah, I get that some people are excited for it and that's cool, I just don't get why you're so hyped about it.