By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dynasty Warriors 6 became multi-platform

ChichiriMuyo said:
The PS2 versions always had timed exclusivity before.

And yes, Your Mother, it is ones of those kind of games. Why call it out? Do you say that every year when Madden comes out? What about any other annual sports game? Milked. Hard. Who cares? As long as there are minor updates and the same thing people love the game will sell. And that's good, because before Dynasty Warriors 3 I hardly knew anyone that had acually heard of Koei.

But, let's be honest. If the game was on the Wii, it'd have plenty of variety to keep it fresh for a long, long time if you like hack and slash. I think I could put as much time into is as I put into 4 (well over 100 hours) if I can find that kind of time.

Why can't I call it out? I'm not attacking your comment. I don't say that every year for Madden or any other sports game with a focus on simulation because teams and players change from year to year. Of course, I could take EA Sports to task for not releasing simply roster updates, but then again, to my knowledge all sports games do the same thing - shun roster updates in lieu of new games - essentially you are forced to buy the new game.

DW is different. There are no drafts, team roster updates or statistical changes with ancient Chinese soldiers.

And you are right about the hack-and-slash bit with the Wii - it could be fun. Again, it's an acquired taste, like I said - and while you may enjoy it, it's not my kind of game. There is nothing positive or negative to derive from my comment - it's just my opinion, and I am entitled to it just as much as you are entitled to having yours. Personally, for the promise of hack-and-slash, I would rather see what No More Heroes brings to the table.

And for your information, I was playing Koei games when they still made awesome strategy games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms (in Traditional Chinese, even!) or Pacific Theater Operations.

Around the Network

"only savior is FFXIII" ?

I expect :

PES2008
GT5 prologue to help a lot.

And forget that, in japan, multiplateform game Xbox360/PS3
= exclusive PS3 ...

Time to Work !

The PS3 will capitalize the popularity of this game in Japan even if it appears as well in the 360 .

I remember when Koei was uber-huge with the games your mother mentioned.

Aerobiz Supersonic = most underrated SNES game of all time.

Either way, this is pretty big news. Although most of the DW games were out for X360, with this being day-and-date, it will significantly effect PS3 sales, and increase X360 sales. It's a welcome thing: the X360 garners yet another great day-and-date release for a Japanese game. DMC, RE5, now this. Certainly not a really great game (similar to N3), but the Japanese love their simple games. I would love to play a Dynasty Warrior game, but never have. Somehow if I played 6, I think I wouldn't be missing much :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
I remember when Koei was uber-huge with the games your mother mentioned.

Aerobiz Supersonic = most underrated SNES game of all time.

Either way, this is pretty big news. Although most of the DW games were out for X360, with this being day-and-date, it will significantly effect PS3 sales, and increase X360 sales. It's a welcome thing: the X360 garners yet another great day-and-date release for a Japanese game. DMC, RE5, now this. Certainly not a really great game (similar to N3), but the Japanese love their simple games. I would love to play a Dynasty Warrior game, but never have. Somehow if I played 6, I think I wouldn't be missing much :-p

Someone else who liked Aerobiz Supersonic?!  I never thought i'd hear of anyone else liking that game but me.

@your mother, I think the point is that it takes about the same amount of effort (minimal) to do what they do for a madden then it does a DW game.  Did Koei ever announce what systems the new Romance game will be on? (Not the last gen port one.)

Around the Network

That game isnt bad the 5th one(atleast the demo) was good, I dont care if its coming out on 360, This wont matter at all in japan. The ps3 version(if it sells well) can save the ps3 since they are gundam fans. So far we have a savior out there HSG5, but people keep underestimating the ps3, everybody in the forums are underistimating it, this is what is causing lose in faith.

mM

lol Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (I believe that's the one) on the 360 is probably the best one. Not because there is much improvement over the PS2 version, but because it's pretty much the exact same game (graphics and everything), but with a solid and consistent frame rate.

Won't matter in Japan, but could lose the PS3 some sales elsewhere.

I have enjoyed the Dynasty Warrior games - although there really ARE too many of them now (its become a joke). Action games with strategic elements will always have a place in the industry IMO.

The PS3 needs new innovative games anyway - this won't help "its cause".

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If they can make a good Dynasty Warriors game with an almost flawless battlefield, I'd be happy.

I'm tired of the view distance being so limiting (fixed a big in DW5) and feeling like you're walking in the clouds, soldiers popping in and out depending on how many there are around you, the frame rate making the game feel like it's in 'Matrix mode' when there are X amount of guys on the screen (DW5, I believe, supports 50), and soldier AI that's pretty stupid (they clump in large groups and take turns slashing at each other instead of looking like they're really fighting).

leo-j said:
That game isnt bad the 5th one(atleast the demo) was good, I dont care if its coming out on 360, This wont matter at all in japan. The ps3 version(if it sells well) can save the ps3 since they are gundam fans. So far we have a savior out there HSG5, but people keep underestimating the ps3, everybody in the forums are underistimating it, this is what is causing lose in faith.

Ah your mixed up a it.  Dynasty Warriors Gundam is the only one with Gundams in it.

The Dynasty Warriors games are based on ancient chinese history based around the fall of the Han Empire.  Which is really big over there.

Well it's not completly based on ancient chinese history.  It's technically based on the fictionalization of ancient chinese history as the book it's based on greatly changes the personalities and backstories of some of it's historical characters.

A game with the same theme is the Romance of the Three Kingdoms Franchise which has spanned over 10 versions and has been around since the NES.  So it's still a big theme.  It wouldn't mean much in Japan unless it's X-box only.