By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think that Punch-OuT Wii will outsell the original NES iteration?

Well, the thread title says it all. Do you think that Punch-Out Wii has a shot at outselling the original NES-game (which sold approx. 3 million)?

Personally, I can't quite say. I sure hope it does, and definitely think it has a shot at it. If it keeps looking good, then a pretty good shot. But I can't say I'm convinced.

Around the Network

I bet it will.

Well I never had Punch Out!! But hopefully I will buy this one if it’s good! I hope it uses two Wii motes though.

if its good it should sell well!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Right now it'd be guesswork. But once we get some more info about the game (like how it controls), it should be a lot easier to tell. If it offers up the realization of the promise made by Wii sports boxing *which is fun as hell, but not precise at all*, then yes, yes I do.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well, the original has sold 300K (and I wouldn't be surprised if it made 500K) on Virtual console, so there is definately some interest in Punch-Out still.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I'm sure if Nintendo threw in some kind of boxing accessory (maybe a jock?) the casuals would just eat it up.

Seriously, I'd say it does have a shot but will the absence of punch-out since the SNES days have a positive or negative effect on this game? I guess we'll see.

Probably not, Punch out had the appeal you could fight Mike Tyson at the End (During his prime before rapist period)

Probably so, If it gets the Wii mass appeal like mario kart then it be SUPER AWESOME.

I love Punch Out, one of my favourite NES games, i also have it on the VC. It's quite a popular VC title, plus Wii Sports boxing also tends to be quite popular among Wii owners. So im quite confident that this would sell well because Wii is ideal for boxing titles.

I doubt it. Somewhere in the 1.5-2 million range is reasonable though.

Pixel Art can be fun.

If the controls are done well, then yes. If not, then no.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger