By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/27)

FishyJoe said:
Give it a rest. He is doing us all a favor by bringing the information. Consider that a warning.

For?

Around the Network
AKA pooperscooper said:
BKK2 said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
BKK2 said:
Japan didn't get a Winning Eleven 2008 bundle, that was Asia region only (Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan).

then why did you say bundles arent included in first day sales? sheesh.

Because this year there was a bundle for Winning Eleven 2009.

But it wasn't in Japan!

Yes there was. Read his post again. It says that Winning eleven 2008 wasn't bundled for Japan. This year version is.

KillerMan said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
BKK2 said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
BKK2 said:
Japan didn't get a Winning Eleven 2008 bundle, that was Asia region only (Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan).

then why did you say bundles arent included in first day sales? sheesh.

Because this year there was a bundle for Winning Eleven 2009.

But it wasn't in Japan!

Yes there was. Read his post again. It says that Winning eleven 2008 wasn't bundle for Japan. This year version is.

OH Shit! lol... though he said 2009 wasn't in Japan. Good catch there. All make sense now.

celine said:
NintendoMonopoly said:

@celine:

I think Patapon has a LTD of 72k in Japan, not 28k. It sold 17k in japan on its' 1st week. So, it's an improvement, but patapon's sales were some what disappointing anyways, all things considered. Besides it's a sequel. So, the name is better known and people are familiar with the game play. Not to mention, the install base is larger.

Last known LTD for Patapon by Famitsu is 28K ...

It's hard to sell a new IP nowaday in the japanese market.

Umm, the 28k is from the top 500 2007 list right?  Patapon came out December 20th, so the real LTD will obviously be higher.

what is coming up next week??

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Give it a rest. He is doing us all a favor by bringing the information. Consider that a warning.

Warning for what? Are you kidding me? Now I know why im getting these complaints.

mM

bump for my friend outlawron

Wow, PES 09 is way down from PES 08.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

PS360 version of PES 09 sells less than PES 08, even with the absence of the PS2 version which sold 150k last year :S

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

I forgot Rune Factory Frontier was coming out and it's already performing better than expected.

PES down...but the 360 bombed really freaking hard. You'd think with the sudden 'interest' in the console, 09 wouldn't be doing worse than 08's already abysmal sales. Just...ouch.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"