By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/27)

Hyruken said:
You would of thought PES would of sold more then last year what with there being a years worth of extra PS3/360's sold there. Guess it matches the pattern of the rest of the world where nobody cares about the game anymore.

YOU SAID 50K FIRST WEEK!

stop playing damage control. It did twice as much first day.

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
Well, bundles aren't usually included in first day sales, but excluding new PS3 owners then less bought it day one this year than last. Last year's was the first on PS3 though, so maybe that would make it more front loaded. People who already own last year's may not be in as much of a rush to purchase day one as they were last year. First week sales should give a better idea on how front loaded it is compared to last year.

Looking through the thread for this exact bit of info. THANKS! I perdict 20k more for bundles (for the week not first day) so 10k or so for first day.

Anyway people saying "oh it was stupid to ignore ps2 user base" these numbers wont have the ps2 user base because they would buy the bundle which isnt included.

PES on ps3/360 is dissapointing, it's hard to say otherwise considering the following. PS3 and 360 version are down from last year despite a bigger userbase and not having to compete with the best selling ps2 version and the early release of the DS version. PS3 version sold 104k and 360 7k first day last year. PS2 version was released at the same time and sold 155k first day but it is delayed until next year this time.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
PES on ps3/360 is dissapointing, it's hard to say otherwise considering the following. PS3 and 360 version are down from last year despite a bigger userbase and not having to compete with the best selling ps2 version and the early release of the DS version. PS3 version sold 104k and 360 7k first day last year. PS2 version was released at the same time and sold 155k first day but it is delayed until next year this time.

Something tells me the Ps3 sold at least 10k bundles of PES first day matching that of last years numbers.

AKA pooperscooper said:
johnsobas said:

Something tells me the Ps3 sold at least 10k bundles of PES first day matching that of last years numbers.

was there a bundle last year, because that wouldn't be included either.

Around the Network

PES has a good start, and I think it will end the week very strong. If you look at the way the PS2 version sold last year, I think you can get an idea of how well the PS3 version is going to do. I think it will end the week between 175k - 200k, and will continue to have strong legs for weeks to come. It will be very interesting to see how many people will finally come to the HD generation due to the lack of a PS2 version.

Other than that very nice first day sales for the games that desrved them.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

johnsobas said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
johnsobas said:

Last years bundle that i know about was GT5:P. Doesn't mean this game couldn't have been bundled either... but I dont think so.

AKA pooperscooper said:
johnsobas said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
johnsobas said:

Last years bundle that i know about was GT5:P. Doesn't mean this game couldn't have been bundled either... but I dont think so.

Either way Konami has failed. They delayed the ps2 version to spur the sales of the HD versions, but they didn't even increase despite the userbase increase.

johnsobas said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
johnsobas said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
johnsobas said:

Either way Konami has failed. They delayed the ps2 version to spur the sales of the HD versions, but they didn't even increase despite the userbase increase.

If Ps2 owners aren't willing to upgrade to the HD consoles then Konami will just get their sales later rather than sooner. Not like they didn't make a Ps2 version of it... 

AKA pooperscooper said:
Hyruken said:
You would of thought PES would of sold more then last year what with there being a years worth of extra PS3/360's sold there. Guess it matches the pattern of the rest of the world where nobody cares about the game anymore.

YOU SAID 50K FIRST WEEK!

stop playing damage control. It did twice as much first day.

Lol at sig. Ha...