By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/27)

*~Onna76~* said:
Rune Factory Wii bombs . Wii + hardcore = total fail.

This chart shows that PS3 is far more popular than the 360, yeah Squeenix you're a bunch of dumbass idiots, refer to Last Remnant.

Mhm, The Last Remnant - 80k first day, WE - 95k first day. Big damn differense.

Can anybody tell me how many copies have the previous Layton sold during its first day in Japan? It was launched around the same time last year and it seems to be pretty front-loaded.

Around the Network

It's really strange that both in Europe and Japan PES is considerd a real PlayStation game. PES gamers are pretty loyal to Sony.

Rune Factory is doing ok. Should reach 23-27k in its first week, which is good enough for this genre.

Any word on the 428 game?

*~Onna76~* said:
Rune Factory Wii bombs . Wii + hardcore = total fail. 

Marvelous expectation for the FY is 55k ( in Japan )

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

BengaBenga said:
It's really strange that both in Europe and Japan PES is considerd a real PlayStation game. PES gamers are pretty loyal to Sony.

It's because you can't share option files on the 360 version, which seriously gimps it as PES has far less official licences than FIFA.

Rei said:

can somebody tell me how many copies have the previous Layton sold during its first day in Japan? It was launched around the same time last year and it seems to be pretty front-loaded.

First week (Famitsu)  :

Layton 2 - 307K ( LTD 816K )

Layton 1 - 119K (LTD 880 K ) 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
Neos said:
celine said:
Neos said:
Lower for PS3 PES than expected imo

Well last year PES 2008 PS3 has sold 144K units its first week on sale so it seems to be in line with past year performance ( at least judging by the first day sales ).

it shouldn't be equal because the userbase is bigger right ;)

Nope

And your judgment are based on only one day of sale.

After the 10k first day of 'Harvest Moon: Animal March', I thought 'Rune Factory: Frontier' wouldn't even do 5k. 18k is somehow a relief. ^_^

The previous Layton - 'Professor Layton and Pandora's Box' (DS) - sold about 200k in its first day last year. 180k is just slightly down.

Good first week for everything.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

PS3 just got a new million seller!

I know Layton did great, but I still think it deserves better. I love the 1st 1. I hope part 3 really isn't the last 1.  The Layton series at least deserves a spiritual successor. Though Lvl 5 probably don't need to be pumping them out, at the pace that they are right now. They could be focusing on trying to make their home console games better, instead.

Patapon sales are a little underwhelming. It's only 1 day in 1 region, but doesn't exactly invoke faith in major sales. I guess 360's PES did bad and PS3's BiA did bad as well, but I don't really care about that.