By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII Is Not A Betrayal Or Disappointment

No, but it means it is already playable.

Around the Network
Rei said:
No, but it means it is already playable.

so at the point where they can start the long play testing looking for all the bugs that are in an alpha build. or to put it even more simply not even close to market ready yet, so hopefully out by christmas in japan, and 2010 in the rest of the world

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Yes it is. But if you expect anything else from Square-Backstabbing-Enix, you are a fool. Look what they did to Nintendo, that was way worse.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Hyams said:

Producer Yoshinori Kitase explains that the team is currently working on the PS3 version and is at a point where the developers can put the build on BRD.

Does that mean they've basically finished the game?

No, it means they've squozen it down to less than 50gb.

Oh my god! That guy can play a game that I thought only I'd get to play! How dare you Square Enix! You're betrayal runs deep!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Whatever.... They still haven't delivered one HD FF series till now.. Back in the PS2 days FFX was rather swift on release and it was one of the best looking games in that time. I don't wanna hear them talk about it(although I did feel betrayed), just finish the damn game already and release it...

Well, if a playable demo is being released in March, the current build can't be that unfinished, surely.

There are the same guys that can't get the UR3 engine to work right on the 360... I mean I'd understand if they had problems with it on the PS3, but that's kind of retarded. Anyway I'll pick it up... it'll be my first FF since 7.

Hyams said:
Well, if a playable demo is being released in March, the current build can't be that unfinished, surely.

they only have to have playtested out to the end of the demo, and most feature disclaimers spelling out that this is not the final product and things are subject to change.  so unless they plan on shipping it in japan this summer, i doubt its in a state they would want someone to play through the game in

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

It fascinates me that such a discussion is even necessary at all. "Betrayal?" Let's save that word for something more serious than, say, a fantasy video game releasing on two video game systems instead of one.

The loss of perspective is so extreme in some cases.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">