By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 4 out of 5 nominations for game of the year are on ps3, 2 exclusive

Where's cooking mama?!

Around the Network
Kantor said:
scottie said:
shooter, shooter, rpg/shooter, platformer, shooter

Hmm...

No,

Stealth game, Sandbox game, RPG Shooter, Platformer, Shooter.

GTA3 was a sandbox game

MGS3 was probably a stealth game (never played it)

GTA4 and MGS4 were shooters

sorry champ

GTA4 will win, great game but not like san andreas was.

The list is great anyway, for me LBP is the GOTY with Fallout3 close second

Not including Wii Fit in that list is massive fail.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

scottie said:
Kantor said:
scottie said:

Hmm...

No,

GTA3 was a sandbox game

sorry champ

You can beat MGS4 without firing a bullet. Well, no you can't. But you can beat MGS4 without killing a single person.

GTA's focus is not on shooting, it is on taking your friends out for dates and then killing them and whatnot.

So, GTA is a sandbox, MGS is a stealth game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Ouch 5 games, 5 hd games ...

I'm not surprised. Regardless of whether the games deserve it, it is obvious that they would chose the HD games.

I've never seen one of these shows, but I'm guessing that they show small clips of them, right? Well, if you have 4 HD games, with good CGI and some really nice in game parts, and then Mario Kart Wii, which looks worse than some of the games that were nominated 4 years ago, it is just going to seem like it isn't serious at all.

HD games are far, far better for showing off than Wii games, and in a way showing off is what these shows are all about.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

LBP GOTY for me with Fallout 3 an acceptable alternative.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Kantor said:
scottie said:
Kantor said:
scottie said:

Hmm...

No,

GTA3 was a sandbox game

sorry champ

You can beat MGS4 without firing a bullet. Well, no you can't. But you can beat MGS4 without killing a single person.

GTA's focus is not on shooting, it is on taking your friends out for dates and then killing them and whatnot.

So, GTA is a sandbox, MGS is a stealth game.

I've actually played this game you know, so you're going to have to do better than that.

Yes, you can go through the game using the tranq gun, but that's still a shooter, not stealth

Kantor said:

You can beat MGS4 without firing a bullet. Well, no you can't. .

Don't you get a tranquilizer gun relatively early, that fires arrows (tranquilizer bullets seem kinda odd), which means that you can avoic firing bullets?

I haven't played the game, but just thought about that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Fallout 3 FTW. Well Brawl is game of the year but as no one seems interested in nominating any Wii game that isn't Galaxy for any GOTY award then the GOTY on HD consoles should win and that is Fallout 3.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down