By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is There Really Any Difference Between 360 And PS3 Games?

ozsman said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
DeadNotSleeping said:
PS3 games typically have a mandatory install that eats up precious hard drive space faster than you might think.

XBox 360 games do not. For gamers with a large collection of games, this a real important detail.

This is absolutly not true. It uses very little space compared to what is available. I have a lauch 60 gig, 13 games on disc, 3 games from DL, 9 demo's, a few videos , some music and pictures and I'm not even close to being half full.

Nice try, maybe next time.

Well i have the 40 gig. 4 games, 6 demos and a few ps store games. My hard drive is full....I'm always deleating shit to fill it with new stuff.

nice try .maybe next time

If i wasn't buying games all the time i might have a little left over for a bigger harddrive...

You're game collection has one title that eats up a massive amount of space (MGS4) and its takes up around 5g total max I think (can't be bothered to check). That still leaves around 30 gig free space and even if you add all your other games install together you'll only get to around 1g. I think you're full harddrive has more to do with those demos, psn games and movies :) and the 5g extra space will be filled up just as fast. Personally I'm a space junky so the first thing I did upon getting my PS3 is upgrade the HD to 240g.

Look at the bright side, at least you don't have to pay ridiculous price for a propriety HD like the 360.

Around the Network
reask said:
Elite1 said:
Where else are you going to find LBP, MGS4, Uncharted etc.

I hear what you are saying but drake i have seen and it isnt really anything special imo.

If memory serves me right the cover system is a copy of gears of war.

LBP and MGS4 I have not played but really are still similar to many 360 games.

Overall imo neither system has the killer game that says this is much better than the other.

One may have bells and the other whistles.

Go on. What 360 games are similar in genre and quality to MGS4 and LBP?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It's practically the same. The PS3 might have a couple of seconds faster loading because of mandatory install, but the 360 wins a little in the graphical details and better contrast. PS3 games tend to have blurry effect and lighter colors.

DeadNotSleeping said:
PS3 games typically have a mandatory install that eats up precious hard drive space faster than you might think.

XBox 360 games do not. For gamers with a large collection of games, this a real important detail.

I have to disagree, Not all of the games require it and you typically have BIGGER hard drive than MS is providing you with. A premium (20GB HD) on 360 has only 13 GB available, 7 GB is used for caching so arcade buyers beware of slowdowns and with demos clocking in at 1 Gb that space is eaten up very fast.

With the NXE most people will opt for full install which will take approx 7-9 Mb. How many games can you install after that let me do the math

20-7-7(for ONE game)- 5 demos @ 1 Gb each = 1 GB left

With PS3 on a 40 GB, you have MGS4 taking 2-3GB ( I may be mistaken) however, the most I have heard installs take is 4 GB. that is

40-4 GB(for one game) - 5 demos @ 1 Gb each = 31 Gb

Even people with the 20 GB sku which is not available for sale anymore will have the following

20-4 GB(for one game) - 5 demos @ 1 Gb each = 11 Gb

reptile168 said:
It's practically the same. The PS3 might have a couple of seconds faster loading because of mandatory install, but the 360 wins a little in the graphical details and better contrast. PS3 games tend to have blurry effect and lighter colors.

No offense but this is not true. Mandatory install means a few seconds with EVERY load screen. Those add up really fast. Ps3 games tend to look better generally especially the exclusives. The multiplatfrom ones tend to look better if the lead platform was PS3 e.g. burnout paradise. On Multiplatform Oblivion looks and plays better on the PS3 than on 360. However, the difference is minute.

There have been some issues with gameplay being bad on PS3 with certain multiplatform games. The two worst offenders were Unreal and Orange box (source) and both are generally fixed now so games made on those engines should look and play much better now.

I haven't seen blurry effects in any PS3 games. I suggest you go to best buy, circuit city etc. and watch and play the demos to see for yourself.

Check the games I own on PS3 to see which ones look better ;) (I am a graphics junkie)