By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is There Really Any Difference Between 360 And PS3 Games?

Control-wise, brightness seems to be a slight difference with both consoles, online and other (like avatar) support. And I meant the type of online support.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

It's all based on what console has the games and features that you want.

4 ≈ One

Nobody is going to acknowledge the brightness difference? Or is that gone now?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Having had both it really depends on what game. GTA runs slightly better on ps3 as well as mirrors edge. But you can't really tell unless you do it frame by frame. 360 does it better on madden 08, and orange box. Many play exactly the same. I prefer my ps3 for the controller and it doesn't scratch my discs, also i like the exlusives better. I don't even have the xbox anymore but thats cause i just got pissed with it screwing up my movies and games.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

reask said:
leo-j said:
Exclusives on the PS3 tend to look better than other consoles, HOWEVER, multiplatforms tend to look better on the 360 because of its easier developer friendly archeticture, and the PS3's opposite when it comes to developers.

Yes but thats really just trimmings leo.

My question is what makes one different or better than the other.

The games on both are just the same really.

Mind you thats just my take on it as I only own the 360.

Multi owners would obviously be better  judges than me.

There's no objective measure for that question . it depends on what your interested in do you want the best online experience possible ( in which case XBOX 360 might suit your needs) or do you want a highly technical , highly functional multimedia device ( in which case PS3 might suit your needs) of course there are other selling points you might have to consider libary , popularity , price point etc.

To make the long answer short , it's all opinion.

Around the Network

For owning all the systems and playing games on both I can say:

The Games Look The same For Both Systems.

360 games play better / have less issues.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

there's no difference, you pick the console with the exclusives you want that's it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

soulsamurai said:
Having had both it really depends on what game. GTA runs slightly better on ps3 as well as mirrors edge. But you can't really tell unless you do it frame by frame. 360 does it better on madden 08, and orange box. Many play exactly the same. I prefer my ps3 for the controller and it doesn't scratch my discs, also i like the exlusives better. I don't even have the xbox anymore but thats cause i just got pissed with it screwing up my movies and games.

Sorry to hear that your discs got sratched on 360.

Funny thing is I have mine 2 years this Xmas and it hasnt scratched any discs yet.

Maybe I just got lucky. 

Since I only have a 360, I can't definitively say yeah or nay to a comparison, but from what I've seen, you'd have to be REALLY looking to spot most of the "glaring" differences bantered about in magazine and by fanboys.

One very real difference is that 360 games on multiplatform seem to have a better attach ratio than ps3, which is probably the most important stat for publishers and developers; see 2K Games.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Since I only have a 360, I can't definitively say yeah or nay to a comparison, but from what I've seen, you'd have to be REALLY looking to spot most of the "glaring" differences bantered about in magazine and by fanboys.

One very real difference is that 360 games on multiplatform seem to have a better attach ratio than ps3, which is probably the most important stat for publishers and developers; see 2K Games.

thats not an absolute rule..........in fact id only call it a slight general rule............look at pes2009? i dont see why ppl think something is better than other based entirely on sales like games.............i only buy 1 copy do u!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...