By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I purchase a 360?

Yea just get an arcade to play the exclusives. If the PS3 was as cheap with PS2 BC I would get one too just to check out LBP and Uncharted.

Around the Network

Yeah it's a good buy unless your interested in the Wii also , the PS3 crosses over heavily with the 360 in terms of games.

got get a Xbox360 soldier!!!

If you wont play that much then I don't see you spending the 4-7 dollars a month for online. In that case I can not recommend a 360.

AKA pooperscooper said:
If you wont play that much then I don't see you spending the 4-7 dollars a month for online. In that case I can not recommend a 360.

I pay $30 a year for LIVE. That's under $3 a month.

Moving on, the new Arcades run on less wattage, much cooler for hours vs. the older 360s. Uninformed folks will keep saying 'RROD' but they are just blabbing nonsense. The fact of the matter is - the 360 is a bargain, has many good games for under $20 and has a ton of accessories? Look at the games - and ask yourself if you are crazy about the lineup. If you liked Fable, you'll love Fable 2. And Gears 2? It's sweet - but think about other games - you can find much cheaper version on the 360 than the PS3.

For me, I have all 3, but had I not been reviewing video games, I would have never gotten a PS3. I use it for Blu Rays and to review games, but the last games I purchased for the PS3 was several months ago. I like the PS3, but still think the 360 is a much better value overall.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
AKA pooperscooper said:

Good for you. Someone who wont play all that much might not want a full year subscribtion

AKA pooperscooper said:
madskillz said:
AKA pooperscooper said:

Good for you. Someone who wont play all that much might not want a full year subscribtion

Uhmm.. someone who wont play all that much doesnt need to get a full year in the first place which I think was the point. Suffice to say, I wonder how much of his investment in the Blu-Ray he is getting for the premium he paid.

EaglesEye379 said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
madskillz said:
AKA pooperscooper said:

Uhmm.. someone who wont play all that much doesnt need to get a full year in the first place which I think was the point. Suffice to say, I wonder how much of his investment in the Blu-Ray he is getting for the premium he paid.

That was my point. His point was I was inflating the price. But since you said so yourself he doesn't need a full year than he is paying 7 dollars for month to month bases.

Dude just get a 360 now. The next wave of consoles will not release anytime soon. Not until sometime in 2010 or 2011/2012.

Everyone now is making profit expect the PS3. But anywho, the 360 is not RROD no longer anymore. You can purchase a 360 now. All 360's now have a Falcon or Jasper motherboard in them. They last way longer than the original launch consoles. I have had a Falcon-360 since January and its running fine now. The DVD drive is quiet and reliable. You will not be disappointed by the selection of games.

I recommend you get: Gears of War (for understanding the story), Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (if your a ninja fan), Lost Odyssey, Mirror's Edge, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Blue Dragon. Several others but those are the top of my head.

AKA pooperscooper said:
EaglesEye379 said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
madskillz said:
AKA pooperscooper said:

That was my point. His point was I was inflating the price. But since you said so yourself he doesn't need a full year than he is paying 7 dollars for month to month bases.

Uhmmm ok but in regards to the OP, whether its $3 or $4 - $7 its not applicable. He wants to buy the 360 to play the exclusives. You are making it sound like its only worth it if he wants to pay the online fee with a condition that he plays alot. The first thing that he stated was that he wont be playing alot, so having the online fee as an option is more of a plus, since he doesnt have to pay this $3 or $4 - $7.

In my 2 year ownership of the 360 I have only signed on for 3 months of Live, and yes I have played a heck load on my 360.