By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Racing Game

Well growing up, my favorite racing game was Mario Kart 64. Now, I
would have to say its Grand Turismo 3.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit 2
Theres something about that game which appealed to me greatly. Cant put my finger on it though

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

I don't mean to flame here, but I would like to ask, for edifaction purposes. What makes the people who voted for GT2, 3, or 4. Feel that way?

Personally I bought the first one and thought it was great. Not overly wonderful but solid and an intresting new concept. It has been all downhill from there in my opinion and (oh btw I havent played 4 so Im not including that) the game needs major retooling. I offer this to be fair, and state where I'm coming from.

I have been a huge fan of the Driving/Racing genre since Enduro and I find that GT misses the mark quite a bit. My biggest argument is that anyone who is 15 or 16 + and can drive a REAL car ought to knoe that the controls are no where near as realistic as people praise the series for having. I understood the concept from it's original standpoint, and the fact there were no (to my knowledge) driving sims on the major market, and the control scheme sought to provide that aspect to it. It was progressive for it's time, but for me when The Ridge Racer series became more developed and you had titles come out between two and three such as Vanishing Point (which was the first game to wind tunnel test cars), among others that the novelty had worn off and GT just didn't keep up with the curve. GT3 personally made me want to vomit. I dunno, thanks in advance for your response and thank you for your time.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Gt3

Burnout 3: Takedown. Racing games usually bore me to death, but the crashing made it interesting, and actually a lot of fun.

Certainly, it's not the best racing game, but it is my favourite.

EDIT: Too bad they obliterated the series with that open world crap in Burnout: Paradise

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

so far it's forza 2

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Crazy Taxi!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Road Rash 64...

^ It's nice to see that :^)

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Burnout 2: Point of Impact. Even today, I can sit down with friends and try to break the records we set years ago. It's such a classic.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)