By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 is on the way!

... or pspfanboy.com would have us believe

"While it's not rumor that Britain-based Imagination Technologies has signed a license agreement with an undisclosed new partner, it is a rumor that this unnamed company happens to be Sony Corp. Despite a press release from Imagination Technologies only calling it "a major international consumer electronics company," EETimes is reporting that Sony will use Imagination's PowerVR SGX graphics processor -- specifically the as yet announced SGX55x core -- for a "PSP2" in the future. It's interesting to note that Imagination's PowerVR tech has already been implemented in Apple iPhones. What could this mean if it is indeed true?"

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/11/26/rumor-imagination-technologies-sony-team-up-for-psp-successor/

I hope it's not a step back, graphics wise anyway.

I have really high hopes something will happen!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Hmnn.. Interesting

I like the psp how it is right now, but the stupid priacy issues basically destroyed most of its 3rd party support.

mM

Unless Sony is going to make the PSP2 a phone I am not interested. As it stands right now the PSP has plenty of room to grow, and that is about the only thing it can't do that would make a PSP2 interesting to me.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

^ you can use Skype.

I think the psp has room to grow, but a reboot is what is needed, at least I think.

Have a huge marketing campaign, have a year where you stop focusing so much on the ps3 and ignoring the psp, and secure many low cost, but interesting exclusives.

Next christmas is when sony needs to do something, and badly at that.
I but I have hope, they just released a downloadable bull riding game for the psp.

Name a next gen. game that can handle the processing power it takes to animate a realistic fake bull? You can't! only the psp can

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

i will buy it

I will buy it 2-3 years in, as I have done with PSP. Worked really well and PSP is a great system. I am hoping that PSP2 has-

Graphics on par or better than gamecube
2 analog nubs/hopefully sticks somehow
uses carts or somehow has better loading times
can somehow not have such rampant piracy
have a longer battery life than PSP1

I for one will,might buy it.

leo-j said:
Hmnn.. Interesting

I like the psp how it is right now, but the stupid priacy issues basically destroyed most of its 3rd party support.

Yeah! How dare them pirate SNES games!?!

What about the graphic processor? Is it good or bad? Is it as good as xbox or not? But you can be sure on one thing: the psp will get a "funny" feature like touch screen or motion senses games like the iphone or something like that ...