By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are there two versions of WiiSports?

My friend got a Wii at Christmas 07... I got my Wii a few months earlier... After playing both mine, and his versions of WiiSports... there are some very noticable differences...

When starting a baseball match, my game simply says playball, then beginsthe game... His game has a 10 second cut scene of both teams standing opposite of each other looking at the screen...

After winning in Boxing on his game, insted of just saying "KNOCKOUT!" , saying who won, then having them stand there, theres an instant replay of how the knockout went before all of that...

These were the two biggest things I noticed... There were others but I don't remember...

Have you guys noticed this before? Do you have any info on this?

Thanks in Advance!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

My Christmas 06 PAL version of the game does exactly as your friends does, so it seems unlikely

I know for sure that there is 2 versions of wii sports.

However, the only change I've seen (so far) is in the start up warning screen, the newer version has a wiimote with a jacket on it, as opposed to just a wiimote. I will pay closer attention next time, to see if I can spot what you've spotted.

Mine is an old version (Feb 07 PAL) and does all the stuff your friends does..... are you absolutely sure yours doesn't have those?

TWRoO said:
Mine is an old version (Feb 07 PAL) and does all the stuff your friends does..... are you absolutely sure yours doesn't have those?

POSITIVE

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

Yeah, my copy doesn't do that either. Got my Wii at launch but actually bought a 2nd Wii Sports last year since someone ruined the original. But neither had a boxing replay nor a 10 second cut scene.

Now I feel jipped. 

Yup newer Wii's have that intro screen and whatever else in baseball. Mine, Sep't '07, doesn't.

in baseball the fielder also picks up a ground-out and throws it to the base then smiles for the camera.

êhm blunty i bought mine 3rd septembre and mine does eveything that his friends does

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Mine doesn't do that stuff either...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

koopatrooper said:
êhm blunty i bought mine 3rd septembre and mine does eveything that his friends does

mine too...