By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are the PS3 fans on this site making the PS3 look even worse?

first and foremost: for the moderators... I'm not trolling or trying to start arguements, as I've been warned on two seperate occasions already, what my thread title asks is a genuine question. So, before hitting the 'delete thread' god button you're all sitting on, give it some thought.

When you're defending the underdog, in whatever situation you can picture, this case being the PS3 vs. the 360, there's a line that seperates how other people respond to you, more importantly, how legitimate they believe your arguement for the underdog really is and how that affects their opinion of the underdog. When you defend it with common sense statements, facts and figures that aren't imaginary...(for example: what if the ps3 cost the same as the 360, which one would be winning?) then the response from those that disagree should contain some measure of respect...... as in... o.k., he said what he had to say, i can see where he's coming from, he's not making stuff up or twisting the truth around. In that regard, it seems like you're defending something that has a right to be defended, in other words, you're not making it look bad by defending it with nonsense and refusing to admit simple truths.

On the other side of the line, there are those that will... no matter what.... keep on spouting the same thing over and over, oblivious to what the reality of the situation is. I think this makes what they're defending look worse, simply becuase the people doing it seem so completely out of touch that is starts to affect the overall opinion of what it is they're so adamantly defending. In other words, at least in my opinion, the PS3 is starting to appear like a less desirable purchase because of the people i've begun to associate with it.

After a few months here at VG, I can honestly say that all the PS3 fanboy posts i've read have changed the way I view the PS3. Although i know it's a more powerful console, I simply don't want it as much.

Around the Network

first and foremost: for the moderators... I'm not trolling or trying to start arguements, as I've been warned on two seperate occasions already, what my thread title asks is a genuine question. So, before hitting the 'delete thread' god button you're all sitting on, give it some thought.

Not a good start to your thread. Especially since you are trying to convince them you are not being mean. then you kinda insult them. Then thats when I knew the rest of the thread was probably crap and stopped reading

It's possible, I've met some real dickhead 360 owners (in real life, not here) that have tainted my view a bit, but it's important to remember the difference between fanboys and fans.

AKA pooperscooper said:

Not a good start to your thread. Especially since you are trying to convince them you are not being mean. then you kinda insult them. Then thats when I knew the rest of the thread was probably crap and stopped reading

you can't insult someone if you're stating the truth. Moderators are just as human as the people that post, sucseptible to the same biases and opinionated decisions. I had one thread axed, by an obvious PS3 fan, sent them an email about it and they reversed the ban. So, yeah, they have a 'god button' and occassionaly some of them use it in a preferential way.

I personally think this site has a good community compared to other sites out there. It is one of the only ones I know where PS3 and 360 fans can have a normal discussion (not always though)

Try visiting gametrailers.com some day .. that's one hell of a PS3 fanboys kingdom.

Around the Network
Rei said:

I personally think this site has a good community compared to other sites out there. It is one of the only ones I know where PS3 and 360 fans can have a normal discussion (not always though)

Try visiting gametrailers.com some day .. that's one hell of a PS3 fanboys kingdom.

True.

Are the X360 fans in this site trying to make the X360 look better (more powerful) than it really is? This I can answer oh fuck yes.

haxxiy said:

Are the X360 fans in this site trying to make the X360 look better (more powerful) than it really is? This I can answer oh fuck yes.

.... see now that's exactly...and i mean exactly.... what i'm talking about. no real response, no thought put into it, just another typical PS3 fanboy response: a quick twist of the op's question, a swear word or two... bang. there you have it. It's like talking to a caveman.

by the way, nice 'ps3 will crush all' in your sig there... that certainly doesn't detract from your opinion at all does it?

I think you have it all confused. Most people complain about fans because they sound bad, not because they look bad.

Noone likes a whining fan, thats for sure.

Tease.

Sevengen said:
haxxiy said:

.... see now that's exactly...and i mean exactly.... what i'm talking about. no real response, no thought put into it, just another typical PS3 fanboy response: a quick twist of the op's question, a swear word or two... bang. there you have it. It's like talking to a caveman.

by the way, nice 'ps3 will crush all' in your sig there... that certainly doesn't detract from your opinion at all does it?

LOL you don't this site obviously...