By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Even if 2009 will be the year of the ps3, will it be to late?

I think some people are forgetting that you can get a 360 for less than half the price of a ps3. While that means that the 360 is selling better right now, the 360 doesn't half alot of price-cuts left. I mean it's almost as cheap as a ps2 right know. ps3 however still has a long way to guy pricewise and will probably really start selling once it get's in the 200-300 range. Besides that, Ps3 has more AAA titles still coming up. So i wouldn't count PS3 out just yet. If they drop the price enough Ps3 should be able to pass 360 worldwide before the end of 2009 easily. And for the wii... what can i say it kind of targets a different group really.

Around the Network
Asmo said:
yushire said:

Reality says so otherwise, 360 beats PS3 IN OTHERS during before christmas season...

Because of it's lower price, Sony can still drop it's price, MS can't anymore...

I think SONY cant afford another price cut till next year. And by next year its already too late they missed the opportunity. SONY is doomed even how you spin it its the reality of things, nothing can change it.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Asmo said:
yushire said:

Reality says so otherwise, 360 beats PS3 IN OTHERS during before christmas season...

Because of it's lower price, Sony can still drop it's price, MS can't anymore...

Are you sure? I would think Sony and MS are now seeing similar losses pr console sold. As x360 sells more SW, I believe MS still loses less money on X360 than Sony does on Ps3.

They are pretty much equally situated for a price cut right now. Of course, this isn't a very good way to analyse - it would suggest Nintendo dropping Wii's price to 75 dollars!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Sony is probably NOT doomed to lose a bunch of games for their PS3.

Sony is probably doomed to remain in 3rd place and have the red stain from the PS3 remain on their financial statements.

Tease.

yushire said:
Asmo said:
yushire said:

I think SONY cant afford another price cut till next year. And by next year its already too late they missed the opportunity. SONY is doomed even how you spin it its the reality of things, nothing can change it.

Why is it too late? The PS3 is only at its 3rd year in 2009, looking at the sales, it's not as if the PS3 will reach 0 units sold a week anytime soon, far from it.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Asmo said:
yushire said:

Are you sure? I would think Sony and MS are now seeing similar losses pr console sold. As x360 sells more SW, I believe MS still loses less money on X360 than Sony does on Ps3.

They are pretty much equally situated for a price cut right now. Of course, this isn't a very good way to analyse - it would suggest Nintendo dropping Wii's price to 75 dollars!

Ermh... do you know that the 360 released on 2005 right? So the parts making the 360 is cheap to manufacture right now. So they didnt lose an arm and a limb when they did the price cut the 360 is already 3 years old...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Nope, Sony is making profit with the PS3 at this price, they said it themselves. On the other hand, with the 360 at such low price, I wonder how the MS game division is doing...

Not to mention sony is in far more financial trouble due to the weakening usd and euro. The 360 is older hardware, it not only has more room for pricecuts and redesigns, microsoft as a company is far more well placed then sony is to actually deliver them.

Asmo said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Nope, Sony is making profit with the PS3 at this price, they said it themselves. On the other hand, with the 360 at such low price, I wonder how the MS game division is doing...

So they ARE making a profit....?

Why don't the cut the price then, for God sakes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

yushire said:

Ermh... do you know that the 360 released on 2005 right? So the parts making the 360 is cheap to manufacture right now. So they didnt lose an arm and a limb when they did the price cut the 360 is already 3 years old...

A Wii is as expensive to make as the retail sale of the 360, so no I don't think MS is making profit with the 360 at this price.