By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Even if 2009 will be the year of the ps3, will it be to late?

Imo PS3 sales next year will only improve, with a pricecut and great games coming out. First half year unless something drastic happens the xbox360 will keep outselling the ps3. After hits of the systemsellers and a pricedrop the ps3 will obviously improve, but won't it be too late by then?

Will the eyes of the public already be aimed at the next next gen?!

discuss

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Aren't the eyes of the public still on the Wii? it's already a year too late for the 360 and ps3..
2009 = year of the Wii... Again..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Probaly, i guess it depends how long it will take untill next xbox or ps will arrive also i wonder if Microsoft will do a Sony next gen having 2 consoles on the market.

I just don't see what the PS3 could do next year realistically to raise sales to what fanboys think it'll do. While a reasonable price cut should be expected sometime next year, will it be enough to rocket it past the Wii (no) or 360? Seriously? And what software releases are coming next year that are so key that they will cause sales to skyrocket worldwide? Does Sony even have an exclusive property with that kind of weight?

I think everyone needs to step back and set more realistic expectations. The PS3 needs to be profitable and do reasonably well with software and hardware sales. Forget catching the other consoles, especially at the cost of the next gen.

I think SONY should just compete to be no. 2 from now on like MS did and accept defeat. That way, the 2 HD consoles can compete in second place and SONY wont be disappointed if their console is outsell 4 to 1 in NA alone.

AND PLEASE... No more with the Blu Ray won BS, it will not help them one bit in the coming year blu ray players will be more cheap than the PS3 and theres no way they can sell their systems.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

It's never too late, the PS3 outsold the 360 last Christmas and look at the 360 now. Things can always change in a blink of an eye.

In America, it's too late, in Others and world-wide, who knows. There will never be a "year of the PS3." That's just a talking point, and a marketing tagline.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Asmo said:

It's never too late, the PS3 outsold the 360 last Christmas and look at the 360 now. Things can always change in a blink of an eye.

Reality says so otherwise, 360 beats PS3 IN OTHERS during before christmas season...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

Reality says so otherwise, 360 beats PS3 IN OTHERS during before christmas season...

Because of it's lower price, Sony can still drop it's price, MS can't anymore...

Now that MS is seeing some sale boost from it's drastic price-cut strategy, it could go on and buy some more big exclusives and leave PS3 in the last spot.

On the other hand, i don't know how viable is for PS3 to cut price drastically, but currently PS3 offers way too little over X360 to justify the price difference.