By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I brought a nintendo wii last week, what games do ya suggest i buy

i so far brought super smash brawl and of course the wii sports that came with it. any suggestions wat game i should buy

Around the Network

no more heroes
metroid prime 3

• Zack and Wiki - best game this gen.
  • Mario Kart Wii - Second only to Zack and Wiki.
  • Super Mario Galaxy - One of the other best games this gen and better than Mario 64.
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Great shooter that nailed the controls.  Don't worry if you haven't played the previous two.
  • Excite Truck - Pure and simple fun.  I still play this when I need a good 10-15 minute gaming fix.
  • Super Paper Mario - Spectacular writing.
  • Boom Blox - It may just be a physics demo but it's a damn fun physics demo
  • Okami Wii - Only if you didn't play it on the PS2
  • Resident Evil 4 - One of the best games ever only gets better with the PS2 content and better controls
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids (series) - The humor in these game is absolutely brilliant, but you don't need to get all three.  You only need to get one of them.  From what I've heard, if you have a balance board you want the third one.
  • Wii Fit - It's cool and opens you up to a few good games
  • Warioware: Smooth Moves - 12 player multiplayer is some of the most fun I've ever had.  If you have a group of real life friends you must get this game.  If you don't have friends that can come over, don't waste your time with this game.

I don't want to put Zelda on the list because, and I'm sure this is just me, I didn't think it was anything special. 

I also didn't put No More Heroes on the list because while there are amazing things about it, if you have a 360 or PS3 you can get much better open world games.

There are more good games on the Wii, but those are the best ones of each of the genre they're in (across all platforms) and the ones that you can only experience on the Wii that you just need to.

No More Heroes
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
^ must haves

Depending on your tastes

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Strategy RPG)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (FPS Action Adventure)
SSX Blur (Snowboarding)
Wario Land: Shake It (2D Platformer)
Mario Kart Wii (Arcade Racing)
de Blob (3D Platformer)
Endless Ocean (Sandbox style ocean exploration)
Zack and Wiki (Point and Click)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Arcade Shooter)
Super Paper Mario (2D Platformer with RPG elements, humorous story)
Skate It (Skating Board)

Pixel Art can be fun.

de Blob
Wii Fit/Shaun White's Snowboarding
Call of Duty: World at War

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

if you have friends and your the age of 21 or above i suggest you pick up Boom BLox also a beer keg.

Nothing new, but I agree with:
-Super Mario Galaxy
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-No More Heroes
-Resident Evil 4
-Zack & Wiki
-Mario Kart Wii

And depending on taste:
-SSX Blur (great, really fun snowboarding)
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (deep, lengthy lightgun shooter with an actually good story)
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (You either love it or hate it, personally I hated it)

I drink your milkshake.

Here's a few I think you simply must have:

Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (in case you haven't played it on GC or PS2. If you have, it might still be a good idea to pick it up).

Other games that I definitely think you should look into are Mario Kart Wii, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Boom Blox.

You must get Super Mario Galaxy!!!!!
I am playing De Blob right now. Very, very cheerful game this is, even if it does have some camera and control flaws.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Wii is more fun if you have friends overnight for some hot party, I suggest Samba De Amigo and really good casual games.