By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 price drop: EUR 50 starting November 28!!

Don't know if this has been posted yet (probably has...) but I just learned that Sony is paying back 50 euros to anyone buying a PS3 starting on November 28 2008.

Did Sony watch the EU numbers posted this week by VGC?

Saw it from this French site: http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000072030/

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network

its in france only

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Not heard of this, any sort of reduction in price is going to be a good thing for the console.

Hope it's the shot in the arm the PS3 needs. Such a good console, more people should have it.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Neos said:
its in france only

They dont specifiy but that is definite possibility. However, maybe if Sony France does it, other countres will do so as well. Anyway, it is not a bad thing for PS3 sales numbers in France where I was amazed to see MS actually beating Sony there.

Around the Network

It's looks like a mail-in rebate rather than a price drop, so it may not have that much effect.

I hope this is true. Maybe the increase sales of the 360 in others, encourage them to do this. It won't affect 360s sales that much but its a start.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Hmmmm... not what I was hoping for when I read the thread title...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Hmmmm... not what I was hoping for when I read the thread title...

Sorry about that... The artcile I linked to got me too as it was called "PS3 50 euro price reduction".

Agree that this 50 euro "reimbursement" is not as effective as an actual price drop, it's always better when you don't have to put up the extra 50 and then do all sorts of paperwork to get it back (i think I bought my 360 when such a deal was happening and didn't process my reimbursement...)

It won't do much but it will def. help. And this way Sony wont be loosing on ever Ps3 (because some people dont know about it, some people forget to fill out the rebate, some people don't do it in time, and its in one country instead of region)

Its decent deal. Is it through christmas?