By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I figured out what decides a game’s sales.

Dallinor said:

sorolhwddido?

So Rol Hwd I do?

You're missing a few pieces of the puzzle, but you can mostly see what the picture is now.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
You're wrong about GTA. It sells millions because it's the most casual game ever made, not because it's the most hardcore. I know people who can play that game for hours at a time without ever doing a single mission. They just steal cars and play with cheat codes and explore.

Clearly we have different definitions of hardcore.

I like Bacon said:

furry is horrifying? O_o

For certain people it is. They're the same people who are afraid to go to VG Cats, go figure.

Around the Network
You're wrong about GTA. It sells millions because it's the most casual game ever made, not because it's the most hardcore. I know people who can play that game for hours at a time without ever doing a single mission. They just steal cars and play with cheat codes and explore.

You're right there. A girl I work with is a HUGE GTA fan but hates it when people shoot at her, or when the police chase her. She spends all of her time cruising around giving people taxi rides.

I'm not Rol, but you did good lol

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

BrainBoxLtd said:
Dallinor said:

sorolhwddido?

So Rol Hwd I do?

You're missing a few pieces of the puzzle, but you can mostly see what the picture is now.

Clearly we have different definitions of hardcore.

I like Bacon said:

furry is horrifying? O_o

For certain people it is. They're the same people who are afraid to go to VG Cats, go figure.

RubanG is right. GTA isn't hardcore, it's a bridge title much like Mario Kart. I think you're right about the cover as it's indeed extremely important and can make or destroy a game. However, I think you are confusing a violent cover with a cool cover. The cover needs to show what the game is (or tries to be) and that's why a violent game needs to have a violent cover.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Not bad, not bad. Almost to serious for a really hilarious thread though, but as I said, not bad.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network
Dallinor said:

sorolhwddido?

So Rol Hwd I do?

That's all I got out of this too, I may go back and read this in it's entirety and maybe comment again.

before i read the thread i thought id chime in and say i hope its praying to the reptilian space pope

edit.... aww that was disappointing, and poorly reasoned out

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Honestly, it feels like you wanted to talk about the different NCAA covers then padded the rest of the post obscuring the punchline behind a wall of text.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Haha, just the end of your post is worth it. Good points man, good points. It kind of reminds me of my old thread (for the sales analysis at the end of the OP): http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46623

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

largedarryl said:
Dallinor said:

sorolhwddido?

So Rol Hwd I do?

That's all I got out of this too, I may go back and read this in it's entirety and maybe comment again.

Letters you're missing are between the GTA Pics and the Stranglehold/Haze ones. Even I miss them and I wrote this.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Honestly, it feels like you wanted to talk about the different NCAA covers then padded the rest of the post obscuring the punchline behind a wall of text.

That's fairly close except I have been kicking around this cover thing for a while, and the NCAA thing was just done at someone else's request. Probably should have went with his idea of just doing the whole thing about it, but I like to write, so sue me. =P

EDIT: Oops, broke the thread somehow. =/