By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should I buy Portal: Still Alive or The Orange Box?

DeadNotSleeping said:

It does, it just barely mentions it on the cover of the box.

The Orange Box comes with Half-Life2 and Episode 1 in their entirety.

SOLD!!

Around the Network

I would say Orange Box because you would get TF2. One of the funnest games to play online.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

d21lewis said: SOLD!!

I had the same reaction when I found that out. They really could have made that more clear on the cover of the box. It's mentioned in some fine print, almost as an afterthought. Enjoy the game, man. It is an amazing collection.

I just played through Half-Life 2 + episode 1. Amazing!

I would still say get it for PC though. But that's just me.

EDIT: You could also buy the Valve Complete Pack (yes, includes Left 4 Dead) for only $100. That would give everything, pretty much. :D

This is invisible text!

well, I want the pc version.. but having a console copy makes the load a bit easier on your computer, expecially if it's old. Not to mention achievos

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

orange box! why cuz it has portal, half life 1-2 and that one multiplayer game, thats like 4 games in one! plus that if you get if for the 360 you'll have fun getting the achievements.

DeadNotSleeping said:
d21lewis said: SOLD!!

I had the same reaction when I found that out. They really could have made that more clear on the cover of the box. It's mentioned in some fine print, almost as an afterthought. Enjoy the game, man. It is an amazing collection.

Yeah, I have no idea why they didn't make it more obvious that HL2 and HL2 ep 1 are also in the Orange Box.  Becuase that's what made it a sale for me too.  You get all the Half-Life 2 games to date, in one.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Portal is such an awesome game that you should get both as I did.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

It would of been criminal if you had not, now you just need to convince yourself how you need Portal SA as well. Should not be to difficult.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I still play Team Fortress 2 all the time. The Orange Box is cheap now, and the value you get for it is amazing. Portal, HL2, HL2: Episodes 1 and 2, and Team Fortress 2 — all that and it's probably only about ten bucks more than Still Alive. Definitely worth the extra money.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th