By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 outsells the Saturn

@ tk1797: VGChartz has the Saturn at nearly 6 million just in Japan (outsold the N64 there) so 17 million is by far the most likely scenario.

Around the Network

So next is the GameCube.

Maybe it will get there after the end of Q3 2009.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wikipedia article is wrong, Saturn didn't even ship 10m. Master System was second best selling Sega console with 13m.

I bet at this same date next year it will outsell the Genesis.

I'm pretty sure the PS3 will continue to outsell most older consoles.

First GameCube (22m), then Xbox (25m), then Megadrive/Genesis (31m) and N64 (33m).

Around the Network

I think the PS3 will outsell every console aside from the PS2 and Wii when it's shelf life has finished. But that's a looooong way in the future.

The_God_of_War said:
I think the PS3 will outsell every console aside from the PS2 and Wii when it's shelf life has finished. But that's a looooong way in the future.

Do you realize the PS1 has sold 103 million units? For the PS3 to outsell it is impossible. I don't mean unlikely, I mean impossible.

Chrizum said:
The_God_of_War said:

Do you realize the PS1 has sold 103 million units? For the PS3 to outsell it is impossible. I don't mean unlikely, I mean impossible.

But hasn't the PS3 sold more in it's first 2 years than the PS1 did? That's what I've heard anyway.

Saturn sold much less than 17 mil... I'd still rather have it than a ps3(and I still do)...but saturn sold shit.

BKK2 said:
Wikipedia article is wrong, Saturn didn't even ship 10m. Master System was second best selling Sega console with 13m.

Problem with the Wikipedia entry is that the footnote for the 17m sold, if you actually follow that link, is a redirect to GamePro, where it is noted in the source article that the Saturn only sold 9.5m.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/111822/the-10-worst-selling-consoles-of-all-time/

Re-reading Wikipedia's console entries for fifth gen ... there are A LOT of things wrong with it. But the Saturn sales are the most glaring. Saturn didn't sell 17m -- not even close!