By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Killzone 2 be a system seller?

I don't think Killzone 2 has anymore recognition going towards it than Resistance 2 did. It's up to Sony to market the game aggressively or else they WILL see another good selling game that is nowhere near a blockbuster.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

definately

Well, you've got to think. What have been the biggest "system sellers" for the PS3 so far?

GranTurismo5P and MGS4.

It won't be as big as either of them.

So, if you think this is going to be Gears of War 2 PS3 version, lower your expectations.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

look who knows, maybe killzone will surprise us all. anyway my brother really wants this game, this game and gt5 prologue, mgs4 will be amongst the very first games i get for my ps3 i getting soon.

I don't think so. Unless it's able to attract the same attention that the first Halo did, which I doubt.

Around the Network

SONYsan has already said that there is a price cut comming in 1st quarter next year. This, combined with the stellar Killzone 2, will be a system seller indeed, IMHO.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

like i always said we will just have to wait and see. regardless if it lives up to its hype i won't assume it will sell consoles. 360 only sold 40,000 more than ps3 on and after gears 2 release week, which proves it wasn't a console seller. not all good games are consoles sellers. the game must be very well know for it to sell consoles

even though some will argue gears 1 was more fun than part 2.

Don't know if it will but it HAS TO.

The editorial from Penny Arcade about it :

"- I saw that the nefarious IGN had already discussed the Killzone 2 Beta, so maybe it's okay? I don't know. Let's find out.  Killzone 2 will be that rare Playstation 3 game that no-one has to make any excuses for. I can sense muscles tensing at that statement, but tell me if you've heard any of these. Tell me if you've said them yourself:

The Server Might Be Down, But At Least I'm Not Paying For It
But the Playstation 3 Wasn't The "Lead SKU"
People Are Still Coming To Grips With The Advanced Cell Architecture

And so forth. Well, once this disc hits the tray, those parts of your mind will be deactivated. Wouldn't it be nice to play a videogame that is not some public referendum on the platform, that is not correlated with the results of last month's NPD? A game that requires no contextualization, from you or anybody else, one that speaks in its own clear voice, manifesting a quiet mastery of the hardware?  It's a vicious, unrelenting, old-school shooter with truly gourmet presentation. This preview is one of the better games this year."

So, no tchit-tchat about the results of KZ2 -> It has too lead without compromise or excuses.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Depends how you look at it. Many people look at the overall library of games available and I guess having an extra blockbuster exclusive for the PS3 will help.

Thats my 2 cents.

Not sure, but it'll definitely have long legs on word of mouth alone.