By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Castlevania Judgment Thread

19K sold this week! It will reach 100k this week, then we'll see if it has legs or slowly dies. In Japan will be released on January 15 and in Europe I heard until June.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Soma said:
I really like the music. Carmilla, Shanoa, Cornell and some others sound really cool. Look them in youtube and see if you like them.

I was watching some of the youtube videos and I thought the music was pretty good. I think I might hold off on getting the soundtrack though as I just picked up the Portrait of Ruin Soundtrack and the Aria of Sorrow/Dawn of Sorrow(2 in 1) Soundtrack.(will come in the mail soon). I just wish I could get the damn Order of Ecclesia Soundtrack, but that was only available in the Limited Edition bundle from Konamistyle (long since sold out :( )

Oh and I also got the Symphony of the Night soundtrack for Christmas.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I was just checking the Japanese website and it was beautifully updated =D

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_wii/

Someone who knows Japanese could translate the attribute values on the character profile please? I think the Top is Attack, and the Right is Speed.

I have it now! =D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

yaaay!

Now I am off to play it and give ya my opinion x3

Anyone up for a game?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Well after several days playing it I think I can safely give my impressions.

On a scale from 1-10 I'd give it a 7.5.

No it doesn't deserve a 5 or a 2 like some moronic reviewers did. But I don't think it even deserves an 8.

I didn't mind the motion controllers. I think they are good. But they are far from perfect. Sometimes I did moved the controller and it didn't hitted. I tried with a GC controller but I didn't liked it. I preferred the wii mote.

Also some characters are very cheap and unbalanced (like the %$(/%$(/&% death!) specially when controlled by the CPU. Which is a pain in the @$$ when playing through story mode.

And yeah the camera sucks but is not that bad. An aerial view could have worked better, though.

But then a friend came and played in versus and that's when the fun begun. It was so fun confronting a friend. My friends liked it because it was easy to play and it was more action-oriented. Definitely is an "action versus" game. And is more fun with a friend.

Anyways, I don't regret that I bought it. It is very fun and I guess that after some more time I'll have better impressions.

And the characters design were pretty good as well as the music even if there were remixes.

I hope that if there's a sequel they fix the sensing motions and the camera and balance it a bit more.

Personally I do recommend it, as long as you don't expect a "Sould calibur" like game.

Other thing I didn't liked it is that I need the DS game to unlock shanoa and aeon >:( that sucks!

Good thing at least you like it. 7.5 is a good score, I personally would give it an 8 or 8.5 because the gameplay is deeper than it seems to be at first.
After learning how to chain and cancel combos with specials, subweapons etc you can do a lot of different kind of combinations.
I have a lot of fun just experimenting with that.

At least you agree that it doesn't deserves a 5 or less than that =)

If you have WiFi send me your friend code.

Oh... and you don't need the DS to unlock Shanoa or Aeon. Just play the story mode with all the character and you'll unlock them eventually.

Soma said it already, but Bob you don't need the DS to unlock characters. The DS just unlocks them faster than clearing story.

I've given this game an 8 or 8.3 - Your totally right the game is much more fun with friends, but my friend played me and I made the mistake of using Alucard first, he basically copied my play style which pissed me off, but in the end I realized that I could do other things with Alucard as well, next time I play him, I'm going to do these things to him while he does the simple stuff that I used to do.

The game has a depth to it, that I'm discovering, moves that are very particular, the move set may not be huge but MvC didn't have a huge variety either and that game was great. I know this game is very good because I've explored it, it doesn't get a 9 because of the online component, which isn't all too strong. But no where near as bad as Brawl.

By the way great games Soma, I'm going out in a bit.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

great matches dib8rman! We played like 20 games, and most of them almost free lag. But we had a lot of communication errors, that never happened before. And the worst was when we had to reconnect again, it took too much time finding us. But at least we played a good amount of time =)