By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Castlevania Judgment Thread

jlauro said:
I assume most people would rate this better then most of the reviews? Only a 49 on metacritic, with IGN's review being the highest with a 75.

yeah, honestly, the scores this has received are just RIDICULOUS! There's no way this can receive less than a 5. Simply no way! And it has 1, 2 of score?!! BS

This is a very good game, it's not shovelware or crap, effort was made in creating this game, and ultimately is really fun to play. I'd give it an 8.5.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
deathcape said:
I'm sure most people would rate this game higher..to me it's around an 8

and yeah..super bashing..if it had prettier HD graphics..suddenly the game would get higher

You make a good point...

I do wonder how the game would have done if it was on the 360/PS3 with better graphics and more modes.

The train of thought is that this game is a disservice to the Castlevania series thanks to a gimmicky concept and character design that ruins the franchise. Could this have been carried over if the game was on the 360?

If it had extra modes it wouldn't be the same game now would it?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

WTF!!! I mean seriously.... WTF is going on with reviewers? Why do they hate this game so much? Is it because it wasn't a traditional Castlevania? The art style? Too difficult to learn the controls for them? What's going on?

Look at the damn scores!
Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM): 4.5
GameSpot: 3.0
GameDaily: 3.0
Cheat Code Central: 5.0
GameSpy.com: 3.0
GameTrailers: 6.5
G4 / Tech TV: 2.0
IGN.com: 7.5
1UP.com: 4.5
GamePro: 3.0

Can someone explain me this? Is the game really bad and somehow I can't see it? Why I'm really liking it then?

Damn, I would think I'm crazy but more people agrees with me about how cool this game really is, like Deathcape or dib8rman, and just look at the User's scores and compare:

IGN Reader's reviews:
0.0 (a troll)

Gamespot Reader's reviews:

What's going on?!

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

bullshit is going on...you see..

everyone hates on the Wii..I don't understand why..but this site's fanboys..like Leo-J

and some others...they are the ones who would give scores like that

the game is good..and even the Naruto games I love get much lower reader scores..

this game is infested with 8.0...

like I said I would score it ^_^

the problem here is: it's not HD
second problem: it's on the Wii

the minor problems are: not traditional Cv, not traditional art style, 3D fighter=shallow, bad camera

well..I have to disagree..Ultimate Ninja Storm is even MORE shallow than CvJ
yet it gets more praise.., it's not traditional..so what? and the art style is one of my favorites..together with Kojima-san's work....and camera?...really?
what did they used to rate Resident Evil before 4
(or any DMC game)?....oh..yeah...pretty high

they always criticize the game for these points...while actually they gave it low because of the other points I mentioned earlier..: not HD, on Wii

wich means..nobody cares to play it..and by default it gets a low score..
it's pathetic..the bad press will kill this game..
unless we all talk about it and introduce people to it..this game will go down..

ALL official magazines give it a low score..except Nintendo Power (but people will call it biased..especially when 'neutral' aka HDfanboy magazines rate it very low)

any HD fan will bash it...and only praise the PS2 Cv games!!!

and completely forget the DS games..wich by now surpassed SotN ages ago

also..there's a new Cv coming for the HD consoles..and it pisses me off
not because I'm a fanboy
but because this game will have camera isseus and all the above problems..
maybe not the art...

and know what?

it'll score really high, not sell much..but still be known as the
'Greatest 3D Castlevania game to date!!'

and all reviews will mention Judgment and ridicule it and make it look pathetic..

like they did with Ocarina of Time..comparing it to GTA4..and saying GTA4 is a much better game..deserving a perfect score..wtf

Around the Network

I'm almost done with ToS... If I don't get hooked for a second play through, I'd love to rock some Castlevania with you again Soma, you may rock me this time though ^_^.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Videogame journalists are Hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers think that a game must be bloody, mature and with the best 3D engine ever or else. That's why they hate the wii because is everything that Hardcore hates. We will never see a good review to a good Wii game unless is a traditional game.

I agree that if the game was in the xbox360 they would give them an 8..heck maybe even a 9. But because is in the "inferior" Wii they would never low down to accept is good.

But times are changing. the soon-to-be-death of EGM is a proof that videogame journalism must change their attitudes or die.

EGM is dying? good job everyone..I hope they hurry up and die..

sasa to SHINE!!!

so yeah..bit japanese there..sorry..

yes..agreed..the game is very good..it's above avarage..all it's missing is a deep single player and characters (wich were also the ONLY complaints for Smash Bros 64)

yet this game copies the premise of smash..it is a perfectly good game ON IT'S OWN

it only copies the idea of having characters cross over..the gameplay is really different..and actually has a nice story too..unlike smash

yeah I can see how simmilar to Smash bros is ^^..speaking of smash and hardcores, it really pisses me off that journalists are very snobish towards the wii and say that the only good thing about it is "smash bros"..which is hypocrital at best. I don't think that smash bros is the best on wii, all the contrary. But for them, because they like that game, then is hardcore.

indeed..they're bastards..I had more fun with Judgment than with Smash Bros..

probably because I've owned all the other Smash games and felt that Brawl was a really nice expansion pack for Melee..as it is pretty much what melee was Supposed to be..

so...yeah..I expected more from Brawl..

and yes..games you don't expect anything from become the greatest games ever