By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How should VGChartz score its reviews?

How should VGChartz score its reviews?

Keep the current letter g... 244 13.49%

Score out of 100% using each point. 787 43.50%

Score out of 10 using half points. 349 19.29%

Score out of 10 using whole points. 103 5.69%

Switch to a 5-star system. 88 4.86%

Don't use grades at all, just text. 238 13.16%

Total:1,809

I prefer a five point system with no half points-similar to X-Play. It is simple and conveys whether or not a game is worth purchasing.

Around the Network

I would love an index system where you establish a game (or games) as equal to 100 and then review all games relative to that game. So a game could receive 105 or 110 or 150 and they can be reindexed whenever the scores get too high. Not only do you avoid the "10 is perfect" argument (because there is no limit to the scores), it also allows games to be more easily compared.

Of course this would actually provide a review system that does exactly what gamers want it to do and therefore could never be considered. It would however, also be very cool.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I think you guys should of have separate ratings on graphics, sound, gameplay, and then have an overall rating. The rating should be like for example:

OVERALL: 10/10

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

I think we should go with the letter system currently in place... But also metion if its worth a rent a buy or to stay away...

For example... say to that particular reviewer, the game is a D... which isn't very good... but instead of leaving it at that, have the reviewer think.. 'I wonder if there's somebody out there who would prefer this game more then I did, then decide if they should recommend buying/Renting/Not Worth your time.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Either out of 100%, a five star system, or a dichotome rating (either it's good, or not good).

Around the Network

I vote that this becomes next weeks site poll.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Machina-AX said:
But would the result be binding? ;)

Nah, my decision will be

Seriously though..I don't see why not, the staff is split pretty evenly and each with decent reasons so why not leave it to the community?

Narrow it down to the 3 major choices for the poll and say that if one option wins by 5% or more it is binding.  Otherwise ioi will be given the final say between the top 2.

Sounds fair to me =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm cool with that....but if you site members screw me over on this one with some weird system out of 8 I will find all of your houses and poop on your doorstep. You've been warned.

I like out of five, but whole numbers. A sweeping generalization of sorts. So it's not too tied to a review bracket.

I also like reviews that don't give scores, like Kotaku. Just say what you like, what you don't, and leave it at that.

Doesn't really matter to me though, IGN is the only site whose reviews I trust.

With NumberZ!!

Anyway when someone tells me a game get a C- I really don't know if that is good or bad; I only know when you get a F you are Fucked.