By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
super_etecoon said:
Samus appeared in Super Smash Brothers. Then they made Metroid Prime. Maybe Retro has been asked to take on Pit? I can only dream.

The original Metroid and Kid Icarus were sister projects, developed concurrently using a lot of the same code.

Around the Network

There was a sequel on gameboy.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I'm dreaming with you on that one !!!!!!

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

shams said:
Love to see him make a comeback. But maybe as a DS title. It would be perfect - and the (original) game itself has a number of unique gameplay elements.

Guess I just hope it stays as 2D rather than 3D for now.

I would have to disagree with you on this one. A 3D Icarus game would be divine. Pulling back on the bow and watching it charge up the arrow before firing off would be cool. They could even use the Metroid engine. And I do think that this is one of the secret projects Nintendo has planned. It makes so much sense. They would bring back old gamers for sure. It would easily be a million seller. Only if it had an arrow cam of course.

A 2D Kid Icarus for the DS, or a 3D Kid Icarus for the Wii, or both, would be fantastic. As of now, there is zero evidence to suggest that either one of these titles are in production on any level, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Nintendo stays tight-lipped about their projects, but that's no reason to assume anything IMO.

Around the Network

Since nintendo already released or will release some of their biggest franchises by march 08 i think there is a good chance we will see this game on the Wii.

Nintendo won't stop making games after mario kart, and i expect games like pikmin, kid icarus and punch out to follow.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I am enjoying what I can of the first, I'm still on the 2nd level. This game is as hard as hell.

i'd buy a kid icarus sequel. yep sir, i'd pay $50 for one.

I wonder if that is what Retro is now doing. I think this time they`ll have multiple projects. They have many employees, and they have their engine ready, at least for the 1st person parts.