By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Planning to buy a PS3

I'm planning to buy a PS3 in a few weeks. I'm almost convinced becouse I guess it'll have the best lineup of game. Apart from games, the blu-ray player and free online are good reasons too. But I was wondering...

Should I get the 80gb HDD or the 160gb one? Is it enough with the 80gb version to download games and demos from the PSNETWORK? Won't be short space if I install lots of games?

The blu-ray player obviously reproduces blu-ray and dvd movies, but are suported other video media files (avi, mp4, ogm, msk,...) from your own recorded dvds?

Thanks!

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Around the Network

Don't worry about 80gb not being enough. Beside the fact that it's lots of space, you can replace it any time you want, the PS3 manual has the procedure detailed I think. Plus, there are guides on the net.

Can't help you with movie formats though.

yea i plan to get it too, i saw some on craiglist for good price but used of course,

ps3 has browser, of course blu ray and wifi, i look forward to utilize those features.

80gb is enough.

The PS3 is a great system (even if I find the 360 superior) and you'll love your new blu-ray player.

My Gaming Setup

60gb wasnt enough for me, i havent really got an absurd amount of games and only a few mp3s/demos/movies filled up fast. Ive upgraded to 250GB plenty room now :)

But 80GB is a good start, i think if u get the 160GB it will be plenty. Bear in mind ur ps3 can play Movies from DiVX/XViD formats so if you do watch those format movies.

If just for games/demos/mp3s 80GB is enough to start with and vcan easily be upgraded considering HDDs are always getting bigger and coming down in price.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Around the Network

Get the best system you can afford, and I think the 160GB PS3 is the best money can buy..... Otherwise the 80GB is more than good for the next 5-6 years

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

supported video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Thanks for the info. I see I don't have to worry about the supported video formats. And I hope the blu-ray will take full advantage of my new TV.

I think I'll get the 80 gb bundle with Little Big Planet and two Dual Shock 3 control pads (429,95 € in Spain) along with the HDMI cable and Uncharted, which recently became Platinum. I guess I'll be a good start!!

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Get Uncharted! That bundle sounds very good

How come you have 1 post by your name, but you have posted twice in this thread?