By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: "PSP piracy is decreasing"

Sony has said that the piracy problem on the PlayStation Portable has decreased over recent months.

Hardware marketing exec John Koller also noted that PSP users trend to two distinct sides on the piracy debate, with some consumers siding with Sony and helping the company "fight the battle".

"We've made really no secret [that there] certainly has been some piracy on the PSP," Koller told MTV.

"We've seen that as a significant issue — it's trending down right now, we've seen the piracy not be as such prevalent in the last month to two months. But it has been a problem for us."

"We've noticed there's kind of a 'good vs. evil' battle that we track on many of the forums and many of the pirated web sites. There's certainly people that are standing up and fighting for what we consider the good side, the rights of developers and publishers to make money on their IP. And then there's certainly the other side that believes that they can take as warranted."

He added: "It’s kind of been nice to see other consumers going and help and fight the battle for us."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-psp-piracy-is-decreasing

Around the Network

I'm fighting for Sony!

Piracy is bad T_T

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Aww I was actually expecting statistics. This makes me a sad panda.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Well seeing that there are basicly no new software releases and overall sales are still as high as last year... it seems that piracy might not be on such high levels as it was once... or the install-bases growth is finally seen :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

That's very good to hear

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Thats great to hear but how about more AAA games on PSP, i see a bunch of great PSP games still soon to come but not soon enough. Its like a great game comes every 6 months or so. Is there no good PSP game at least for this holiday? At least the DS got Chrono Trigger.

V-r0cK said:
Thats great to hear but how about more AAA games on PSP, i see a bunch of great PSP games still soon to come but not soon enough. Its like a great game comes every 6 months or so. Is there no good PSP game at least for this holiday? At least the DS got Chrono Trigger.

I dunno? Patapon 2? Final Fantasy Dissidia, Loco Roco 2, Gundam vs. Gundam?

Star Scream said:
V-r0cK said:

I dunno? Patapon 2? Final Fantasy Dissidia, Loco Roco 2, Gundam vs. Gundam?

yea i want FF Dissidia..but when's that coming out in NA? ='( ..well i guess we have different taste and ill say im more picky. But Patapon and Loco Roco are fun but not like a AAA game to me.

Well, since I put a custom firmware on my psp less than a month ago...the only thing I've been playing are old emulators and games. I may as well sell silent hill origins and god of war...as those games really suck as portable games compared to Zelda:Link to the past, Sonic Megamix and King of Fighters 99...

so my conclusion...PSP piracy is dying down since there is not much left to pirate.