By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games with superior graphics than Xbox 360, or Playstation 3 games

ckmlb said:
A great looking Wii game will look better than a crappy looking 360 or PS3 game....

Why is this debatable?

The point is Wii owners should stop trying to think that the Wii will have the best looking games versus the best looking of the other consoles, just realize one machine is weaker than both the others and that's why it's cheaper.

The less realistic a game looks on the Wii the more chance it has at competing with other non realistic looking games on the 360 and PS3. This is why Nintendo's games all don't look very realistic.

This is why Zelda should have kept the Windwaker look because that will hold better over time versus the pseudo realistic TP look which already looks old now.

The reason why Mario can look great even compared to 360/PS3 games? Because it's not trying to be realistic and thus it can stand on its own versus much stronger machines and more graphically powerful games.

Can we end this debate once and for all? There is a reason for how much consoles cost you know...

I don't know which thread you read, but the point that I get from this thread is that some PS3/360 owners can't stand the idea that some people find some Wii games more visually appealing.  Pretty much everyone (actually I think it was everyone) in this thread has stated that when it comes to realism the Wii is going to look worse.  The point people have been trying to make is that realism is not always "better".  

And I should correct you when you say the Wii is weaker, it is graphically weaker for sure but it is subjective which machine is weaker overall. I am pretty sure that is what you meant anyways though.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
gebx said:
Every "I think Wii graphics are more pleasing, therefore I like better" fanboy here is kidding themselves.

If Metroid and whatever Mario game would release on the PS3 or 360 it have more polygons, better lighting and faster framerate and it would be in HD!

And it wouldn't make a difference, because the gameplay would be the same.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

Sqrl said:

And I should correct you when you say the Wii is weaker, it is graphically weaker for sure but it is subjective which machine is weaker overall. I am pretty sure that is what you meant anyways though.

It's not subjective at all, everyone knows the 360 and PS3 are far more powerful than the Wii even Nintendo has admitted it so the fanboys should just accept it. 

i know for a fact that the wii version of harry potter OOTP runs more smothly and does look identical to the 360/ps3 versions ( ps3 version has been reviewed as worst)

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

I think that you need to compare apples with apples. Look at a game that is available on all 3 platforms and compare them. Say the Harry Potter or Spiderman games. Were they 'designed' for the PS3/X360 and then the developers had to dumb them down for the Wii or could they port these games as designed? I don't own more than one console so I can't do this comparision myself but perhaps someone with access to all three platforms can?

JRI.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Sqrl said:

It's not subjective at all, everyone knows the 360 and PS3 are far more powerful than the Wii even Nintendo has admitted it so the fanboys should just accept it. 

Why are there so many pointless posts? Why...why? This discussion was never about the power of the console, and no Wii 'fanboy' is even debating the difference in power. Did you read any of this thread before you regurgitated that post?? The topic of discussion is actually whether certain Wii games can look better than the average 360/PS3 title. If you like the more cartoonish or stylized graphics of certain wii games more than the uber-realistic sometimes plastic & shiny look of the 360/PS3, the answer is yes. If you like the aforementioned shiny graphics, the answer is no. So apparantly it IS subjective to the personal tastes of the individual. I'm sorry, but you do not set the worldwide standard of what accebtable tastes in graphics are, therefore you can't be taken seriously when you make posts like this.

The post you were respoiding to was not talking about GRAPHICAL weakness, but OVERALL weakness. That would most likely include interactivity, intuitiveness, etc, so that also becomes subjective to the tastes of the user.

Edit: Sqrls post even said the Wii was graphically weaker for sure, so why use that post to illustrate how 'fanboys' argue that it's not, when sqrl just said it is?? I don't understand why these types of posts make it onto these threads.

WiteoutKing said:
gebx said:
Every "I think Wii graphics are more pleasing, therefore I like better" fanboy here is kidding themselves.

If Metroid and whatever Mario game would release on the PS3 or 360 it have more polygons, better lighting and faster framerate and it would be in HD!

And it wouldn't make a difference, because the gameplay would be the same.

On the contrary, it would make a difference because the gameplay achieved on the Wii would not be possible on the other systems. I wouldn't buy metroid if I had to control it with dual analog. Mario would be good, but not great without the added gameplay mechanics of the wiimote.

They'd just be two more average playing, great looking games. Instead they will be great playing, great looking games. I choose the second option!

Legend11 said:
Sqrl said:

I'm not talking about the power of the machines, I am talking about entertainment/art value they provide which is entirely subjective.  But I think you knew precisely what I meant and are just trying to be difficult.

You and a lot of other people like to play this game where you make these subtle jabs and then hide behind your ambiguity when people say something. I think they have a word for this...

Not to mention how you say things like "fanboys should just accept it" when it is pretty clear from every thread on these boards that nobody is trying to say the Wii is a more powerful machine.  But you keep hammering the point despite the fact that its a non-issue. So listen carefully because I know you are bad with subtelty, the Wii offers a better selection of artisticly styled games...as a result some people find some games on the Wii more visually appealing than games they see for the PS3/360.  This is NOT THE SAME as saying the PS3 /360 couldn't have the same visuals, it is just stating the fact that the PS3/360 doesn't have much of a library for them.

Seriously, you make a lot of posts that smack of being a troll, and when I try to be nice about it you just act like an even bigger troll. In fact I am pretty sure you are probably one of the best trolls I have seen in a long long time....

To Each Man, Responsibility
Timmah! said:

Why are there so many pointless posts? Why...why? This discussion was never about the power of the console, and no Wii 'fanboy' is even debating the difference in power. Did you read any of this thread before you regurgitated that post?? The topic of discussion is actually whether certain Wii games can look better than the average 360/PS3 title. If you like the more cartoonish or stylized graphics of certain wii games more than the uber-realistic sometimes plastic & shiny look of the 360/PS3, the answer is yes.

Timmah... Go look at the pictures in the Eternal Sonata thread in the Microsoft Forum... *Whatever* kind of graphics we're talking about the 360 and PS3 will have better looking graphics if you compare like against like.  There's a Looney Tunes game coming out this Fall for the 360, Wii, and PS2 called Acme Arsenal and it will look the best on the 360.  And it's not because the developers are lazy, it's simply because the 360 and PS3 have a lot more horsepower so whatever a developer does on the Wii if the same developer was to do it on the 360 or PS3 it would look better if they wanted it to simply because of that extra power.

Legend11 said:
Timmah! said:

Why are there so many pointless posts? Why...why? This discussion was never about the power of the console, and no Wii 'fanboy' is even debating the difference in power. Did you read any of this thread before you regurgitated that post?? The topic of discussion is actually whether certain Wii games can look better than the average 360/PS3 title. If you like the more cartoonish or stylized graphics of certain wii games more than the uber-realistic sometimes plastic & shiny look of the 360/PS3, the answer is yes.

Timmah... Go look at the pictures in the Eternal Sonata thread in the Microsoft Forum... *Whatever* kind of graphics we're talking about the 360 and PS3 will have better looking graphics if you compare like against like.  There's a Looney Tunes game coming out this Fall for the 360, Wii, and PS2 called Acme Arsenal and it will look the best on the 360.  And it's not because the developers are lazy, it's simply because the 360 and PS3 have a lot more horsepower so whatever a developer does on the Wii if the same developer was to do it on the 360 or PS3 it would look better if they wanted it to simply because of that extra power.

Yes, but SMG will not be out for the 360/PS3, and it will look better than Loony Toons from an artistic standpoint, as well as have some great special effects. I'm basically talking about CERTAIN wii games that will possibly look better than AVERAGE 360/PS3 games. To you, the answer is no- I personally think the beautiful artistic design and execution of SMG and Metroid will put them on par with many 360/PS3 games. That's my opinion, you're entitled to yours as well- that's why discussions like this are somewhat subjective.

As far as realistic games, PS360 graphics win hands down. As far as artistic games, Wii is the only console that will have SMG, Metroid, and other Nintendo games, so it can win, or at least compete, in those areas because both of those titles are at the top of their particular art style as far as quality.

That's all I'm saying. I know the other 2 systems are more powerful and can push out more poly's, lights, textures, etc, but there will still be some Wii games that look amazing, and maybe even better than the average PS360 game.

But then it comes back to the other factor, the real selling point of the Wii. The gameplay mechanics will be much better if they're implemented correctly on the Wii.