By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Street Fighter games not possible on Wii, due to it's controls.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/5146237/Street_Fighter_2_HD_on_wii_possible?num=10&pg=1

Q: "Street Figter 4 seems possible on wii as well don't lie to me Capcom."

A: "In theory, with reasonable downgrades in visual quality including resolution reduction, yes. I will still raise the question: what's the input mechanism for a Wiimote + nunchuck (which is what 100% of the installed base has) on a Street Fighter title?"

Christian Svensson
Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development

Well I'll tell them to cancel the 3 versions of SF2 they are going to release on the VC.

Oh wait, they have already released them!! But who bought them?? Oh wait x 2

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

LIke they plan on selling that game to 100% of the install base anyway. Thats stupid.

They never heard of the classic control? And what about this?

Its like the Wii cant handle the title screen again wasnt it? And yeah, the Wii is almost in 50 percent userbase worldwide, can you feel it CAPCOM? Third parties?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

alfredofroylan said:

They never heard of the classic control? And what about this?

THATS SOOO SWEET! I wish TvC will be released in NA <_<

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

What a pathetic excuse. I'm losing respect for Capcom everyday.
(>'.')>

I wasn't aware the Classic Controller didn't exist. Oh wait, how would it not exist if it has a name? So that means it does exist. So if it does, why isn't it acknowledged as a controller input method for the Wii?

Last time I checked, it looked very similar to that old SNES controller, which happens to be compatible for the system in which the Street Fighter series has seen the most success.

Who knew?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

This is a pathetic excuse. Capcom has a deal with a third party peripheral developer to make themed controls for them. They could ask Nintendo to release a limited edition Street Fighter classic controller for the Wii. They now core gamers will eat it up. I'm not even a Street Fighter Fan but I'd purchase a themed controller. It's a collectors item.

Secondly, Castlevania Judgement has a control scheme for the Wii remote and Nunchuck.
Capcom is crap. These guys have a strategy and they are going to stick with it. Yet it makes not sense what so ever. The Wii is the right place for Monster Hunter 3 but not for Resident Evil 5 or Street Fighter 4. But then it's the perfect place for a port of Dead Rising.

Its terrible that Capcom execs think this way but it's silly that they are not going to even try.
Capcom has lost my support.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

@Patjuan: Exactly how I feel. Excuses are getting shameful and ridiculous. They don't even believe them.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

damn... people get pissed when third party games don't end up on the wii

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies