By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bleszinski: Epic still has a few 'tricks up their sleeve'

Shadowblind said:

Hell, it made Gears 2 look like the prettiest and one of the most action packed console game yet made, so I say if adding another layer of graphical polish makes Gears 3 look like Crysis 2, then by all means do it!

The other day I stopped on the street and stared at a mud puddle. It was totally pretty. Prettier than every painting I've ever seen.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Actually being serious now, Microsoft did some nifty updates to the SDK so hes probably speaking truthfully.

Tease.

Garcian Smith said:
Shadowblind said:

Hell, it made Gears 2 look like the prettiest and one of the most action packed console game yet made, so I say if adding another layer of graphical polish makes Gears 3 look like Crysis 2, then by all means do it!

The other day I stopped on the street and stared at a mud puddle. It was totally pretty. Prettier than every painting I've ever seen.

Were you able to control that pretty mud puddle and give it a chainsaw machine gun? Cuz I mean if you can, well, I can probably make mud puddles fight or something and save 60 bucks. Oh and the PvP on that stuff would be SWEET

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Excellent.

I like how Epic wants to always do the impossible with their games like Gears. You can definitely see the major improvements in Gears 1 and Gears 2.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Games coming out on the PS2 still keep getting improved after all these years. Anyone who thought 360 games would not after only three have a screw missing

I really love EPIC. One of my FAVE devs. Considering Gears 2 is the leader for consoles at the mo, I'm betting what they make next will be the new leader when it arrives. Gears 1 showed us what this gen had install, Gears 2 took that crown again and now is told us in no unlament terms they can do it again with 360 HW. Man I love you guys.

Feel the love people. The LOVE.

I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Fighting mud puddles FTW. That or an RPG would be nice.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.