By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

Anyway,
YTD Others:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 22nd Nov 2008:

Console PS3 X360
Total Others

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Looks like I own the right system, minus the PSP (though I knew it was going to do bad, I just wanted to get all those great games cheap and on the go)

Just a few things to note:

- the lowest amount DS sold this week in one single region of the Europe/Others data was 26k... it's also more than PS3 sold in any one single region of the others data. Just shows what the DS is capable of.

- Wii has been domination Australia... finally closes up the gap as most markets have seen Wii domination but our sales didn't show this until now as we updated for recent news

- Wii has also been doing monumentally better in Other section of the E/O data... I know it's recently released in India but I wonder if its also released in China... either way its become another market where it's growing fast as before it showed very slow sales

- 360's pricecut seems to be quite affective as in some areas it's almost up to Wii numbers such as Italy however still can't contest with it in Germany and France which have been dominated by the little white consoles since day one

- PS3 is in big trouble in Others right now... with Japan being the only market right now showing bright spots for PS3, it really needed to have a good holiday season here considering the E/O market is getting close to 10x as large as that of the Japanese market in hardware... with no trends suggesting a good holidays for Sony here or in America, this is something to worry about Playstation's future while MS might run away with second

- In general though this week has been huge... 1.56 million units of hardware were sold this week in E/O alone... compare that with 2.21 million units of hardware sold WORLDWIDE last week of all platforms... market is extensively growing... also this time last year the market saw 1.18 million units of hardware sold with PS3, PSP and DS staying stale over the year while PS2 drops and Wii and 360 see massive increases. With only one platform dropping you can understand how much increases are occurring. Can't wait for software this week.

santa claus is coming to town~ merry X mas everyone! hope that ppl who wan a 360 will get one, ppl who wan a ps3 will also get one :D

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Well, the case is that a lot of people go shopping on BF. So retailers would generally have stocked up some extras. Nintendo would also want to supply extra for the week. So I think that there is no change of less than 300K in Americas, and as 250K is a shoe in for Others (360K needed to beat Ps2's November), I cannot see the Wii not beating the Ps2's best November WW (and 2002 Others is also certain, 2003 Others maybe not).

I too believe that Wii sales will be astounding in the coming weeks.  I misunderstood your post to mean that the boost will be a result of the significance of BF itself.  In the sense of it being a big shopping day, yes.  In the sense of electronics going on crazy sales, no.  I guess we agree.   

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

The Nintendo style domination of Europe can only be compared to the time of Napoleon. WiiDS

hello how are you.

Off topic: Everytime I see Crazzyman in a thread he gets banned 2 mins later. lol

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

-Wii and DS KABOOM, you literally just have to look at it

-360 just takes off in the Holiday's. All their effot looks to be paying off from price cuts, NXE, GoW2, all shows it has payed off.

-PS3, good sales, but you can't call it impressive when the 360 is beating it by that much. High price of PS3 vs current standalone blu-ray players make it seem as tho the PS3 "just buy it for blu-ray" may have a effect. Not enough exclusive games on the schedule for PS3 are showing to have good legs. Definitely in trouble.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

360 is peaking...roflol...based on a crystal ball from the 25 cent fortune teller machine. What nonsense, and how tiresome, since we heard the SAME argument last year on 360 peaking with Halo 3's release.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I guess people would rather save $100 and go with a 360 and then spend $100-$200 on hardware that doesn't come with the 360(but does with the PS3) the very next week, on system with a much shorter lifespan and less multimedia features.

Oh well.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.