By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

whatever said:
ZenfoldorVGI said: 

Yes, VGChartz is independant confirmation. It's a little rediculious to believe that both sources are lying because the results dont' necessarily meet one's hopes.

Has nothing to do with "hope".  The 360 has been overtracked many times here in the past.  It crossed the 20 million barrier about 4 times.  I guess we'll see come financial reports time.

People seem to forget last year Ps3 was undertracked by 500k when financials came in. Thats why the Ps3 recieved a HUGE adjustment earlier this year to make the lead 6.5mil instead of 7mil... this could happen again or it could show the 360 being overtracked/undertracked... vgchartz isnt the know all say all source.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Very incredible numbers for the X360 and Wii.

Although we'll have to wait on NA and JP data, it's very likely that, based on previous trends, that the X360 will beat the Playstation 3 by around 200,000 units this week once the dust has cleared.

That's absolutely insane given how close the systems were before the X360 price drop. Europe has now become ground zero for the MS/Sony saga, and the appearent beatdown that Microsoft is handing Sony.

If trends continue, we could see the Xbox 360 outsell the Playstation 3 by up to 500,000 units on one given week. Insane, given the fact that the Playstation 3's YTD lead was pretty beefy at one point. Microsoft has done the exact same thing Sony did in 2007: Capture the end of year momentum with a critical price drop.

And for those wondering why this is going on - It's the fact that the X360 is FINALLY, 3 years after launch, at a decent price. Everyone has been saying the X360 has the best library, and had tons of good things going for it - but the actual sales of the system never seemed to match what the system offered. Now, the price is good enough to entice the average gaming consumer to pick the Xbox 360 head & shoulders above the truly inferior Playstation 3.

Now, when I say inferior, I'm not talking hardware specs, but what consumers perceive as being valuable - Blu-Ray isn't as important now that the BR-DVD players are cheaper, and games are coming back to the forefront. And when you have a system that plays the same, and better, games at half the price....Eventually, your going to pick up a massive amount of the consumers. I thought Microsoft was spewing PR tripe when they mentioned that consoles sell 70% of their hardware below the $199 price. It now seems plausible that the X360 may indeed sell twice it's install base, now at the $199 price point.

I have a question does, arcade model supports hdmi output. I was wondering.

Max King of the Wild said:
whatever said:
ZenfoldorVGI said: 

Yes, VGChartz is independant confirmation. It's a little rediculious to believe that both sources are lying because the results dont' necessarily meet one's hopes.

Has nothing to do with "hope".  The 360 has been overtracked many times here in the past.  It crossed the 20 million barrier about 4 times.  I guess we'll see come financial reports time.

People seem to forget last year Ps3 was undertracked by 500k when financials came in. Thats why the Ps3 recieved a HUGE adjustment earlier this year to make the lead 6.5mil instead of 7mil... this could happen again or it could show the 360 being overtracked/undertracked... vgchartz isnt the know all say all source.

and it can happen the other way around, so this doesn't make sense

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PS3 fans,

Listen, there is no need to defend these numbers, Sony themselves stated that they rather lose some ground this Holiday period because they want to please their shareholders instead of competing.

Look at it that away, its too expensive yet 130k people bought one. We've been here before, since the start of this Gen, all we have done is defend and wait for Sony to act. As for myself, I am tired of it. They deserve this beating.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

As far as i remeber, USA+Canada YTD PS3 sales are still higher in NPD data, then in VG, while in VG data Wii and x360 YTD sales are higer, then NPD.
Correct me. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

IMO: if your trying to using overtracking/undertracking arguments to explain the WIDE MARGIN between any given console, your becoming pretty desperate. A system leading by 100% isn't going to be resolved by an error.

Furthermore, we've seen since VGC became public, and using weekly data, that the overtracking and undertracking is platform-neutral. Every system has it's good and bad week in that regard. What if the X360 gets boosted to 250,000 in Europe and the PS3 gets lowered to 110,000?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ssj12 said:
Bagaren85 said:
Why didnt you put the numbers in first post?? LOL.

Great 360 times. Lips maybe was suceesful? And some people loled that it was already dead. Haha, but the battle will be tight in december, both ps3 and 360 will do great.

And when time is ready ps3 will take some steps up. Good for gaming, becuase america and JP - Ps3 got some problems.

Japan is an added buffer for Sony this generation. It might be Nintendo first but its Sony second in Japan.

American really has fallen this generation in terms of the market to sell to. The EU has become the main market for the industy.

Still Sony wants profitability right now, they need sales and as long as sales increase this holiday their share holders will be happy and the game division might turn a really nice profit March 2009.

no, hardware sales are higher in NA than in others and others contains countries outside of europe also. 

I'm not going to go into deep research but software sales in NA were 8.2 million, and 6 million in others last week (again, not just europe).

Then look at last gen for more perspective, PS2 hardware sales were similar, but xbox and gamecube were far more successful in NA.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

kirby007 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
whatever said:
ZenfoldorVGI said: 

and it can happen the other way around, so this doesn't make sense

you responding to my post and saying the same exact thing I said doesnt make sense

My god who cares about PS3 and 360 for this week. DS did over a half a million while Wii is over 400,000. Screw my predictions for this year if this holds up. Just ungodly.

But seriously joking about PS3 and 360 thing. Over 100k difference between 360 and PS3 is quite serious. PS3 needs help.

CrazzyMan said:
As far as i remeber, USA+Canada YTD PS3 sales are still higher in NPD data, then in VG, while in VG data Wii and x360 YTD sales are higer, then NPD.
Correct me. =)

Nope the burden of proof is on you. Either bring the proof or shut up.