By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

@ZenfoldorVGI, UK is =/= Euopre(PAL territories), where PS3 has bigger installbase, then x360.

Anyway, why PS3 had only 20k increase, while x360 and Wii got 100-150k increase. For what reason?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@ZenfoldorVGI, UK is =/= Euopre(PAL territories), where PS3 has bigger installbase, then x360.

Anyway, why PS3 had only 20k increase, while x360 and Wii got 100-150k increase. For what reason?

price

PS3 not doing terribly against 360 when comparing revenue rather than units sold.

Example using GBP
PS3 sales 131k @ 290 GBP = £38 mil revenue
360 sales 230k @ 150 GBP = £34.5 mil revenue

(150 GBP is rough average based on blended sales of Arcades, 60Gb, Elites)

CrazzyMan said:

That's why it's only double the PS3 and not triple.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Great week for nintendo and 360

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Smashed said:
I have a great feeling 360 is overtracked.

Microsoft is talking about doubling up and tripling up on the PS3 in the UK in every other press conference, right from the horses mouth. Do you really think it's all an illusion created to make the PS3 look bad?

Never say something is over or under-tracked because it doesn't fit in with what you hope. Either trust the site, or don't, but don't use it as proof when it meets your hopes, and discredit it when it doesn't.

That said...ok, why do you get the feeling the 360 is overtracked?

Also, why is that feeling "great?"

Sony has also said they are outselling M$ in Europe.  I don't take anything seriously from M$ or Sony with relation to sales unless it is in their financial reports.  I'd need some independent verification, unfortunately, we don't get any NPD numbers for Europe.

riazor69 said:
PS3 not doing terribly against 360 when comparing revenue rather than units sold.

Example using GBP
PS3 sales 131k @ 290 GBP = £38 mil revenue
360 sales 230k @ 150 GBP = £34.5 mil revenue

(150 GBP is rough average based on blended sales of Arcades, 60Gb, Elites)

SDF to the rescue! Might as well count the Playstation Family too!

CrazzyMan said:

the sales for the xbox360 for the last couple of weeks are upped

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If Sony doesn`t drop the price to 300$ in March like everybody askes,this 100k per week will be around for a long time.

True,ps3 has some games for 2009,but so does the 360. So why pay double or,in some regions,triple?

Oyvoyvoyv said:

I believe that the best 4 weeks November the Ps2 has ever had is 2758K (2002) and 1320K in Others (2003).

Current Wii sales for 3 last weeks: 965K

If Wii pulls another week like this, it will beat the Ps2's best November ever in Others!

For WW, Wii also has a decent change. It is at 1660K for the last 2 weeks + this week's Others. So we could see ~ 500K more this week, and then 600K next week should be piece of cake (is it Black Friday?).

And as DS is also beating the Wii (or at least comming pretty darn close), it looks like it too will.

I don't think the Wii sales will be affected that much by Black Friday.  Traditionally, that's a day in which sought-after electronics and other high demand items are sharply discounted.  As you know Nintendo will not drop the price.  Of course, the hordes of shoppers could hope for a price drop and buy one anyway while they're at the store so I could be completely wrong.   

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light