By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Official Poll of the Week: Do you have an HDTV?

Do you have an HDTV?

Yes. 658 63.64%

Not yet, but I'm getting one this holiday. 40 3.87%

I'm getting one next year. 75 7.25%

Maybe I'll get one in the next five years. 210 20.31%

My CRT is all I'll ever need. 51 4.93%

Total:1,034

52" Sony Bravia XBR 1080p LCD HDTV. My TV is great, except for the speakers, they are only ok . Someday I may put in surround sound anyway.

Though, I'm paranoid of my LCD screen going bad. After I had the TV for 4 months, a big splotch grew on the screen, due to the screen being defective. Fortunately the warranty covered it, but I don't want it happening again now that it's out of warranty.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Yes... this one. I love it an will have it for a long time...as long as bulbs are available.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1984229,00.asp

I have a 32" 720p/1080i tv.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I own a Sharp 32" LCD 720p tv that I play games on. The only problem is that ghosting is really apparent is some games, but in other games it is almost nonexistent.

My parents own a Magnavox 42" LCD 720p tv that is in the living room.

I now play on my parents' Sony 52" HDTV (forgot which model), I use to play on my CRT tv but too frustrating that its kinda hard to read the text on the screen cuz i guess HD consoles are meant to play on HDTV lol go figure XD

Around the Network

I have a Sony Bravia LCD, the KDL40X3500 I belive. It's fullhd and fine for me. It's in the living where I have the PS3.

In the "gaming room" I have an older Sony Bravia (32 inches I believe) whcih is "only" HD ready. I play the X360 and the Wii on that one. Awesome for the 360 but I feel the Wii graphics aren't great (I use the provided cable, maybe I shjould use something else?).

Only way I was able to justify the PS3 in the living room was the Blu-ray! And since I have Rock Band on the 360, there was no way my wife was gonna let me know have the drum set on the living room...

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

I'll get one next year (probably 720p/1080i 32'') and about 1-2 months after I get a PS3.

I have a 40" Samsung 1080p LCD with 6,000:1 non-dynamic contrast ratio (the last of it's kind before contrast ratio became higher due to using dynamic contrast ratio).

I also have a really decent 5.1 setup since using TV speakers for on a LCD is just ludicrous.

Other then that a 32"SD CRT for my Wii.

65" Mitsubishi 1080i HD Diamond Series. It's big and fantastic.....I love it!

I guess I am a relatively early adopter when it comes to HDTV. We've had our 60 inch RCA DLP (720P) since mid 2004. We also have a 32 inch Olevia LCD from 2005 and bought a 37 inch Olevia LCD last year. So all we have are HDTVs with the exception of the displays hooked to our portable DVD players.