By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft's Xbox 360 Surges Ahead of the Competition

@SpartanFX

I'm sorry that you are too immature to believe such things.  Some of us adults have jobs that can and will pay for many nice things.  For example, all three next generation consoles (until I sold the Wii 3 times, but that is a different story).  Check my profile.  I have existing PSN and XBL accounts, both with the similar name.  Do I need to post my receipt up on the interwebs to satisfy you?  I'm sorry that you cannot accept the fact that people hold negative opinions about your oh so beloved console.  Please do not become emo because of me.  I really mean you no emotional stress.  I'm only stating my experiences.

Cheers, Spartan!

Around the Network

shit ,,sorry man,,,i thought you are shimpuru (?) ,,,your avatar looks just like him and i know that he only owns 360,,,,

so i thought you were him.

P.S. I ahve never ever had any lag on PSN except for LBP beta (which might have been due to beta servers)

SpartanFX said:

shit ,,sorry man,,,i thought you are shimpuru (?) ,,,your avatar looks just like him and i know that he only owns 360,,,,

so i thought you were him.

P.S. I ahve never ever had any lag on PSN except for LBP beta (which might have been due to beta servers)

LOL, no worries.  I will have to look into LBP when I have time this Christmas season.  I just blew my spare cash on a new mustang and about 4 video games last month

I'm looking forward to KZ2, though.  As long as its well done, and if it is anything like CoD4 style as reviewers have said, then it should be worth a look-see.

nightsurge said:
whatever said:
nightsurge said:
Lolcislaw said:
Lovely Analysis, dude just forgot about one small white box that is kicking 360's ass.

Please see the initial post of page 2.  Thanks =D

What does that have to do with his point?  Point is, Bruce on games is a known idiot and this is further proof.

Merely that he again assumes what the post on page 2 said.  He thinks we are all just forgetting the Wii, when in reality we count it as mostly in a different category, thus the comparison for the most part is between 360 and PS3.

@Reasonable "Also, not that I care, but isn't it ironic that after years of bashing PS3 installs 360 owners are now estatic they can install to reduce noise and disk scratching?"

The PS3 installs are required, take half an hour or more, and just plain inconvenience us.  The 360 installs are optional, take only 10 minutes for copying the entire game and makes reasonable benefits.  The game can be installed or deleted with ease.

So if the 360 were selling better than the Wii, would this still be the case?

Thought not!  It's the lamest excuse.  "Hey, we can't beat them, so lets say that we aren't competing with them, then we can say we are winning!"

Infamous said:
whatever said:
lanjiaona said:

Microsoft (MSFT) Xbox 360:

• Elegant design enabling it to be sold at the lowest price point.
  • The biggest and best catalogue of games. More than the other two machines put together.
  • Xbox Live, by far the biggest and best online gaming portal.
  • Rampant piracy makes games free for those who are happy to steal.

And of course the market responds to these USPs. Sony convincingly won the last round of the game console war with PS2. This generation, with PS3, they are coming convincingly third and last. Despite all the analysts predicting otherwise. Obviously the analysts weren’t looking at the USPs.

So now we are in the biggest selling season at the critical mid cycle phase when the meat of all console sales are made. And Microsoft are making hay with the 360.

• In Italy and the UK (both big Sony strongholds), the 360 now outsells the PS3 two for one.
  • In America too the 360 is selling twice as fast as the PS3.
  • Some weeks the 360 is even outselling the PS3 in Japan.
  • 7 million 360s sold in European territory. 2 million since June as sales ramped up.
  • 360 sales to date now ahead of lifetime sales of the original Xbox. Well before 360 sales reach their peak.

I love when morons state opinion as fact.  I would argue that for me, either the Wii or PS3 each has better games than the 360.  But I wouldn't state it as a fact.

Ironic that the majority of PS3 fanbots here state their favorite PS3 games as factually the best best games ever, ALL the time. -cough-

In terms of variety, in my opinion, the 360 has the best catalouge of games. It defenitely has the biggest library, too, without a doubt. But I'm sure you already know that.

Fixed.

Again, this is your opinion.  I feel differently.  There is nothing wrong with that, just don't state your opinion as fact.

Around the Network
whatever said:

Thought not!  It's the lamest excuse.  "Hey, we can't beat them, so lets say that we aren't competing with them, then we can say we are winning!"

If the 360 were selling better than the Wii, it would have to have been a completely different machine.  As they are, the 360 appeals to gamers of the more hardcore nature, and some casuals.  The Wii focuses on everyone that was never a gamer before.  It has completely different design and target audience.  It sells completely different games (rare to see multi-platform games on more than just PS3 and 360).  Therefore it IS in another category by itself and thus when comparing HD consoles, it can be left out.

If the 360 were hypothetically outselling the Wii, it would be the top "next gen" console, not just the top HD console.

nightsurge said:
whatever said:

If the 360 were selling better than the Wii, it would have to have been a completely different machine.  As they are, the 360 appeals to gamers of the more hardcore nature, and some casuals.  The Wii focuses on everyone that was never a gamer before.  It has completely different design and target audience.  It sells completely different games (rare to see multi-platform games on more than just PS3 and 360).  Therefore it IS in another category by itself and thus when comparing HD consoles, it can be left out.

If the 360 were hypothetically outselling the Wii, it would be the top "next gen" console, not just the top HD console.

And actually, I looked at Bruce's article and this thread is misleading.  So what I said about Bruce earlier in this thread should be retracted.  Bruce's title of the article is Xbox 360 surges ahead, not 'ahead of the competition'.  And Bruces article has a couple paragraphs more before, and a paragraph after what the OP has.  Bruce mentions the Wii, and "Obviously the Wii is still doing even better".

As much as I'm not a fan of Bruce, this might have been an unfair attempt to bait people to flame him.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

whatever said:
nightsurge said:
whatever said:
nightsurge said:
Lolcislaw said:
Lovely Analysis, dude just forgot about one small white box that is kicking 360's ass.

Please see the initial post of page 2.  Thanks =D

What does that have to do with his point?  Point is, Bruce on games is a known idiot and this is further proof.

Merely that he again assumes what the post on page 2 said.  He thinks we are all just forgetting the Wii, when in reality we count it as mostly in a different category, thus the comparison for the most part is between 360 and PS3.

@Reasonable "Also, not that I care, but isn't it ironic that after years of bashing PS3 installs 360 owners are now estatic they can install to reduce noise and disk scratching?"

The PS3 installs are required, take half an hour or more, and just plain inconvenience us.  The 360 installs are optional, take only 10 minutes for copying the entire game and makes reasonable benefits.  The game can be installed or deleted with ease.

In my opinion, forum posts about video games and systems are typically 99% opinion.  (statistic pulled from thin air but its probably close to a fact, in my opinion).  In my opinion, most people can decipher between fact and opinion.  To constantly state that your opinion is just your opinion is silly, in my opinion. 

Lets look at two statements:

1)  "The xbox 360 is the best gaming machine"

2)  "In my opinion, the xbox 360 is the best gaming machine"

In sentence 1, does anyone really think that the person making this statement is referencing facts?  And even if one stating it believes it to be fact, why does the reader care?  As long as the reader knows it is not a factual statement, can the reader just pass it off as opinion instead? 

Just curious. LOL

@SeeVuPlay

Where did that come from?  The entire thing you quoted had nothing to do with opinions.

oops! suppose to quote post 5!

haha! I was trying to be a smartass and ended up looking like a