By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Handheld SMACKDOWN Dec 18th in Japan (Tales vs. FF Dissidia vs. Suikoden)

I wonder about Gundam Musou 2 sales. I think it will sell on par with the first one, but not better.

Around the Network

I think it's going to be lopsided with the PS2. I keep hearing people talking about how it's supposed to boost the PS3 hardware sales but I don't see how if it's coming out on a console most people already own in Japan. It's just like how Wii ports alongside the PS2 are still getting outsold like 3:1 over there, there's just no reason to jump on the new console bandwagon when you can get the same game, possibly cheaper, on a platform you already own.

Not to mention the people that got burned on the first Gundam Musou. It didn't sell nearly as much as expected so a PS2 port was the backup plan, screwing over all those peole that got a PS360 thinking it was the only source for the game...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This Suikoden will most likely bomb... Im not expecting to see it in the top 5 but who knows.... Tales... well that and Dissidia will probably battle for the top spot... the question is, are Japanese gamers ready for a FF brawler?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well, Brawl sold almost 2 million in Japan and Dissidia is basicly Square Enix version of it and while Final Fantasy is nowhere near as popular as all the Nintendo franchise combined it still pretty f*cking popular. The only thing I wonder is how well is a brawler is going to do on an handheld. What the the highest sale for such a game on an handheld this gen? I can't even think of one, but then again I am not a big fan of handheld console.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Rei said:

Dissidia seems to be much more interesting game than ToH and Suikoden Tierkreis, I think it will sell the most out of all handheld games in December.

I´m with you. And not just because of the great fanservice, but because it will be a great brawler with lots of customization, lots of levels and multiplayer. I wish SE would do something similar on consoles. ToH is just another Tales, DS Tales weren´t good so far and I don´t like the way Suikoden is heading.

Around the Network

Suikoden Tierkreis will be by far the best of the three, and it's the most anticipated for me of course, hope Konami delivers like they always do. I don't know how much it will sell, of course I hope it does well. Dissidia looks good, and I don't really know much about ToH.

The war begins.

Also, it looks like something else can be added to the pile of games released today: Hudson's Joysound, their retail/Wiiware game.

The aftermath should be enteraining.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I don't care who wins haha that's a great release week in japan. If your Japanese and a gamer... you win then.

well the idea of the final fantasy game is cool and would liek to play it on a CONSOLE the Tales game gets my vote of best out of the 3. Not saying most sales, but best. I don't see how playing a fighting game (i imagine its like brawl or something?) on a handheld can be fun, too small of buttons, crunched fingers and what not.

ii don't know what the other one of the top 3 is

In Japan, the best selling fighter-type game on a handheld (according to VGC) is Jump Ultimate Stars (DS), with .75m.

Now, I doubt Dissidia will get that high, just pointing it out. It will probably at least double the sales of Tales of Hearts, though.