By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN: Nintendo owns Australia

Acording to IGN Nintendo numbers for Australia are pretty nice:

Independent research by GfK Australia, which supplied the latest figures, has shown that the Nintendo DS currently has an install base in Australia of more than 1.5 million units. According to a press release by Nintendo Australia itself, this makes Nintendo DS the fastest selling console to reach this milestone in 194 weeks. Similarly Wii has reached the milestone of 750,000 units sell through in 102 weeks, making Wii the fastest selling console to hit this mark.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/933/933036p1.html

Quite good for a country with a population of 20 millions.

Around the Network

nice, hope they keep growing at a steady pace.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

A moment I thought Nintendo used all their profit to buy Australia.

Anyway is their a country that Nintendo doesn't own yet and is owned by a other console?

konnichiwa said:
A moment I thought Nintendo used a small fraction of their profit to buy Australia.

Anyway is their a country that Nintendo doesn't own yet and is owned by a other console?

Ninty has ALOT of money :P

I believe the PS3 and Wii are about tied in Italy still

Wii has not been released in China or India, so certainly isn't winning there

scottie said:
konnichiwa said:
A moment I thought Nintendo used a small fraction of their profit to buy Australia.

Ninty has ALOT of money :P

I believe the PS3 and Wii are about tied in Italy still

Vii has not been released in China, so certainly isn't winning there

I don't know what you're talking about. The Vii is selling like hotcakes in China!

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
A moment I thought Nintendo used all their profit to buy Australia.

New Zealand and Portugal stand fast against the Wii menace, although both are showing serious cracks. And officially Mexico is 360 country, although it's been a while since I heard that.

Er...that's about it.

RCTjunkie said:

I don't know what you're talking about. The Vii is selling like hotcakes in China!

"My Vii exploded with great fun!"

I don't know for 08 but in 2007, the playstation 3 was the number 1 console and the DS the number one handheld in belgium (10M people)

Yea New Zealand (where im from).....sadly is not a fan of Nintendo....

The Wii only started getting advertising and marketing this September gone....

So hopefull after the christmas rush... NZ will be poised to become a Ninty country too!

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Tremble said:
I don't know for 08 but in 2007, the playstation 3 was the number 1 console and the DS the number one handheld in belgium (10M people)

Sjeez it is 02.40 A.M. don't you need to sleep?  

I think Wii surpassed the PS3 in 2008, the only reason why PS3 won last year was because of the Wii supply issue a issue that they have solved this year.