By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii version of tomb raider underworld has a glitch. a MASSIVE glitch

Tomb Raider Underworld’ Wii Version Has Game Ending Glitch

Yesterday I starting playing through the Wii version of Tomb Raider Underworld and I have unfortunately encountered what appears to be a game ending glitch towards the end of the Coastal Thailand level. In the room after Lara rotates the glowing bridge there is an underwater door that needs to be opened by pulling a lever on the left wall of the room. It’s a simple puzzle with a big problem.

In the Wii version of the game the lever is simply not there. While reading through the official Tomb Raider forums I found several other Wii owners who have experienced the same problem. According to posters on the Eidos forum the company has been contacted about the issue but they have yet to come up with a solution. Our Tomb Raider Underworld Wii review will be put on hold until this issue is resolved (or not resolved, which would make the review very simple). If any new information surfaces I will be sure to update with it.

Udate: The video below shows what the level should be like. The poll that Lara pulls down towards the end is the one that is missing in the Wii version (pictured at the top of the post)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_WmI83LYFWE&eurl=http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-stocks/index.php/2008/11/23/tomb-raider-underworld-wii-version-has-game-ending-glitch/

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Bummer... I was hoping for a glitch that makes her nude most of the time and you couldn´t finish the game cause you where so distracted...

Also just writing "(link)" doesn´t make it go anywhere...

I believe that it's a mandatory requisite for third parties that their games for the Wii suck in some way.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Also good to post the source you got this from..

http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-stocks/index.php/2008/11/23/tomb-raider-underworld-wii-version-has-game-ending-glitch/

Around the Network

confimed: third parties DO HATE the wii.

hahahaha that sucks

Ouuuuuuch. I guess shit like this is bound to happen sometimes, hopefully they will fix it quick.

the youtube video is the 360 version

Damn, man... I bought this game last week. I sure hope my copy has the lever.

I'd imagine Eidos will do a some sort or disc replacement.

This is just sad. I don't know how this could get past testers. Also noticed some clipping in that video when Lara tries to grab the ledge after using the grappler.