By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else find it disturbing that COD5(PS3) outsold R2 in NA?

outlawauron said:
heruamon said:
Maybe WaW is a better game. To be honest, I'm quite surprised, as it seemed like every ps3 owner on this website was amped for R2...so I can't understand how WaW outsell it by such a large margin, but it goes to show the power of marketing.

But we know it isn't, so that's out of question.

I've played neither, but I am going to be getting WaW this year, but I've jsut got too many games now.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

The sad fact makes me want to immitate my sig. :C

Anyway I finally got a copy of it(R2). I had to reach in for every penny I've dropped in my house. :S

SONY's advertising needs some serious improvement :(

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

Well, the new American ads are good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm not surprised really.

COD4 was very good. RFOM.... ok.

Most people probably don't even know World at War isn't made by the same guys.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Dgc1808 said:

Well, the new American ads are good.

The hardware ads are ok, and Sony have been showing it alot which is a great thing. But their software ads needs more air time and major improvements in NA.

I gotta said i hardly know anything about R1/2 ,i saw it in magazines ,read some information from internet.But it just not hooked me.

About COD ,i play this game since COD1.

So i gotta say i know all about COD much more than R1&2.

Then if i gotta choose only 1 FPS game ,then i'll choose COD5.

And maybe story about World war's more easily to understand than Alien invasion.

This's opinion from normal consumer.

Across both platforms? No, not at all, I expected it.  ON the PS3 however, a little, but, it was mainly due to

1. The Call of Duty namebrand.

2. Sony's poor marketing for software. (but this has been a problem since the PS2 days anyway, so  shouldn't hold as much wieght)

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Where is all this "bad marketing" coming from? I don't understand this. I have been seeing tons of commercials for this game. And they are good commercials too.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

uh...I think this just shows that the majority of people buying games aren't internet nerds that think a certain game should sell more then another just because it's exclusive just so that you can brag to xbox internet nerds.