By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

Ask for a reward.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

Each company has specific channels you can go through to get his ass reported. Microsoft will appreciate the heads up and put a stop to this pretty quickly.

Don't let anyone tell you you're doing the wrong there, here. Guy's being a dumb-ass and deserves no particular mercy.

Look, modding a console is not illegal last time i check, the only thing is once the thing is open it loses its warranty and MS is not responsible of anything that could happen to it, and he should warn that to its costumers to avoid legal actions...

The illegal part is copying and selling the games (teaching them how to do it is not illegal), but if he is advertising himself then he doesn't know what is illegal or he checked with a lawyer to find loopholes... So i suggest to leave it alone and play your legal games proudly just like i and others do...

Just remember this.

Snitches get Stitches.

modding a console isnt illegal, just like modding a PC is also not illegal. Its distributing illegal files and copies of software mattering if its games/movies/or programs. Report him for that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

i saw someone advertising in the local newspaper that they do mods

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Khuutra said:
Each company has specific channels you can go through to get his ass reported. Microsoft will appreciate the heads up and put a stop to this pretty quickly.

Don't let anyone tell you you're doing the wrong there, here. Guy's being a dumb-ass and deserves no particular mercy.

If the guy lived in Canada or anywhere else in the world but the USA, I would agree. However, the American law: the DMCA, is way too harsh with pirates compared to the damage they do.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I'm tired of this crap. I dislike idea of bootlegging as much as anyone but you don't have to snitch the guy out. Everyone has pirated one thing or another in their lives.

If there's one thing I dislike more than bootleggers, it gotta be rats that would go to extremes to snitch someone out.

Piracy is piracy, everyone that has a computer does it. You're essentially screwing one guy over to protect a major corporation. Unless you are actually invested or work for the company, I'd say just leave it alone. It's just my opinion, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be reported for all the stuff I've downloaded "illegally" on my PC throughout my life.

As far as this guy is concered, someone will eventually catch him if he continues to advertise anything "modding lessons" or illegal distribution.

Godot said:
Khuutra said:

If the guy lived in Canada or anywhere else in the world but the USA, I would agree. However, the American law: the DMCA, is way too harsh with pirates compared to the damage they do.

Look, I'd be all for the mercy if the guy weren't being a dumb-ass by illegally advertising his illegal activities. "Durr I will pirate games for YOU!"

I can't fault anyone who reports a person guilty of rank stupidity.

MrBubbles said:
i saw someone advertising in the local newspaper that they do mods

that can either mean hacking software on personal consoles (not illegal)

or this

both are a form of modding

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453