By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone else "gamed" out?

There are way too many games out to play and not enough time.  I've got a stack of games still sealed and awaiting my use but the desire to play them is dwindling.  I can't even finish most games anymore without getting bored with em.  Is the market saturated with too many good games or am I actually starting to grow up(hopefully not) and moving out of the "video game phase"?

Around the Network

I feel the same way, I am only 16, but I have over 100 games I haven't even PUT IN A CONSOLE yet!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

yeah I'm pretty much the same way.

Though some of my games are in one of two situations

1. I'm waiting for my wife to sit down with me and play or watch them

-or-

2. They are long and/or require potentially long periods of play, that on a day to day basis I don't have time for. notably Final Fantasys and NxL 2K games

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

No

I'm not "gamed" out, but I do find it hard to finish games because I'm so busy. Usually, I work and go to class and have about an hour between each. I can't play games like Fire Emblem in that time. I feel like I should dedicate four hours per play session. Same for games Fable 2 and GTAIV. I haven't finished them because I hate playing games in 45 minute sessions, which is usually the amount of time I have to play games.

Around the Network

I think I may be gamed out. I have too many games, not enough time to play them. Unopened games everywhere in my room. Lose of desire to play them.

Damn you Netflix!!!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Bboid said:

There are way too many games out to play and not enough time.  I've got a stack of games still sealed and awaiting my use but the desire to play them is dwindling.  I can't even finish most games anymore without getting bored with emIs the market saturated with too many good games or am I actually starting to grow up(hopefully not) and moving out of the "video game phase"?

You have already answered your problem. Your bored with most games that you play now. I don't think the problem lies within the market being to saturated with "too many good games". I think the market is being saturated by games which we are told are good but turn out boring us instead. And when you get bored with something you tend to steer away from that. The gaming market seems to be filling up with alot of the same old type of games. And that in turn means subconsiously your brain would be saying "don't play this game, its going to be the same as the last game you played which you got bored with." Well at least thats my theory based on what you wrote. Don't worry I think I'm in the same boat.

Hell no. I need more games! Bring on Sonic Unleashed! Give me my Banjo Kazooie XBLA code!!!!! I need more platformers! Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts was good, but it didn't satisfy my platforming hunger becuase its only 10% or so platformer.

Hawkeye said:
Hell no. I need more games! Bring on Sonic Unleashed! Give me my Banjo Kazooie XBLA code!!!!! I need more platformers! Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts was good, but it didn't satisfy my platforming hunger becuase its only 10% or so platformer.

The code has been out for 2 weeks now. o_O

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

i have quite a few games that I haven't beaten yet, and atleast 2-3 that I haven't even touched! However am not getting bored of games, but I have been playing them alot less. I see it as this "With all of these unfinished games, I won't be bored for quite some time :)"

4 ≈ One