By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBPSP, Uncharted 2 and Price Cuts coming to a PS platform near you! (Rumor)

I think that sony knows what to do, they're not newbies! A price cut before christmas would be ridiculous cause they will sell a lot of consoles during this period and make more money with a 400$ console than with a 300$ console... I'm pretty happy to read news about uncharted, wich is the best game on ps3 according to me. I don't want it to be even more beautifull than the first one, just longer! The only thing that upset me in this news is that they are making the same mistake with the psp: ps3 games port on psp! Resistance, motorstorm and lbp are great games, but i'd rather have more locorocco or patapon or original games on my psp than ports.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
@ max, 2 and 3 are different, they have guns, so the focus of the game is changed, but I never had any problem with looseness. I also think you can forgive it for having slightly lose controls given that it came out about 7-8 years ago

It was mostly with jumping. The roll jump - a lot of the times I'd just roll off the cliff. 2nd jump sometimes wouldn't work. And you couldn't change directions on the second jump (sure it may be realistic not changing directions in mid air but c'mon it isn't realistic being able to jump in mid air). And the attck button got me in trouble (charging and coming short and hitting the baddies or charging off a cliff) so I always used the spin move instead of the punch. Put I just wrote it off as being an old game. Oh and if you got eco before you were about to jump it would throw things off too because he would do a hop after getting charged up.

FishyJoe said:
I don't understand why they would announce a price cut now, unless they want to sell fewer systems between now and March.

Absured to think but maybe its for the fanboys "PS3 didn't do that well this holiday because people are waiting for the price cut in march"

They always come up with some excuse.

Just wait :)

Of course you would plan on a price cut before doing it so it's not wholly unbelievable that it's the case.

seece said:
FishyJoe said:
I don't understand why they would announce a price cut now, unless they want to sell fewer systems between now and March.

Absured to think but maybe its for the fanboys "PS3 didn't do that well this holiday because people are waiting for the price cut in march"

They always come up with some excuse.

Just wait :)

Around the Network

Tthis event is confirmed and also the news.

Please let it be true...:D

Well, the conference did actually take place. It was confirmed by SCEE on the EU PlayStation boards after someone asked about PlayStation Home issues:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&message.id=13771#M13771

I'm very sorry everyone, but it looks like our email system has failed us.

Combine that with the SCEE annual company conference (which is where we've all been until now) and that means no invites today

I would not be surprised if all of this came true.

Except for the bit about Uncharted 2 looking exactly like the first. :P That sounds like an untrained eye looking at a very short clip of an early build of the game. Naughty Dog are known for their graphical prowess, and Uncharted 2 will easily outdo Uncharted.

I don't care if Uncharted 2 is like Uncharted 1 graphically. I was just playing it a minute ago, and even a year later it's still one of the best looking consoles games released thus far. If they only reduce the texture pop-in and screen-tearing, I'll be all over Uncharted 2's graphics.

The main difference I want in the sequal is less shooting and more exploring.

makingmusic476 said:

I'm very sorry everyone, but it looks like our email system has failed us.

Combine that with the SCEE annual company conference (which is where we've all been until now) and that means no invites today

I would not be surprised if all of this came true.

Except for the bit about Uncharted 2 looking exactly like the first. :P That sounds like an untrained eye looking at a very short clip of an early build of the game. Naughty Dog are known for their graphical prowess, and Uncharted 2 will easily outdo Uncharted.

Exactly my thoughts. My first post in the thread