By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBPSP, Uncharted 2 and Price Cuts coming to a PS platform near you! (Rumor)

Munkeh111 said:
@ fishy joe, they are not announcing it to the public, this is just a leak

So what you're telling me is that Sony employees can't keep information secret? Information that could have a negative effect on holday sales.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Munkeh111 said:

So what you're telling me is that Sony employees can't keep information secret? Information that could have a negative effect on holday sales.

Pretty much, or d-pad is just making it up (or their source is making it up)

I don't think it will have too great an effect beyond the hardcore, and most of the consoles bought at christmas are presents, and I don't think people will be that happy waiting until march for their presents {though I did have to wait until March for my PS3 as a christmas present ironically}

Munkeh111 said:
FishyJoe said:
Munkeh111 said:

I don't think it will have too great an effect beyond the hardcore, and most of the consoles bought at christmas are presents, and I don't think people will be that happy waiting until march for their presents {though I did have to wait until March for my PS3 as a christmas present ironically}

Because you're European! Anyway Sony probablly already knows when a price cut is.

Max King of the Wild said:
Munkeh111 said:
FishyJoe said:
Munkeh111 said:

Because you're European! Anyway Sony probablly already knows when a price cut is.

I don't think they can have one this holiday season, so I just think when it comes exactly depends on how the PS3 is doing, but doing one around the time of KZ2's launch (and inFamous) would not be a bad idea

No need for price cut.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Wow this is pretty much the worst rumour sony could have going when the holiday sales period is about to begin. Price cut coming in early 2008. They need to get leaks sorted. Still when it eventually hits with KZ2 should help a lot. But damn if I was looking to buy a PS3 now and heard a price drop was coming I would hold off, yet you still need a christmas present.

I wonder if after the sales performance of Motorstorm 2 the psp version will be cancelled. I also think it's hilarious that a target render was shown for the psp version! Don't they learn?

Nice to hear uncharted is getting a sequel, hopefully a bit more marketing will be put behind it this time.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Munkeh111 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Munkeh111 said:
FishyJoe said:
Munkeh111 said:

I don't think they can have one this holiday season, so I just think when it comes exactly depends on how the PS3 is doing, but doing one around the time of KZ2's launch (and inFamous) would not be a bad idea

Not at all a bad idea it would be a great way to kick the year off.

Off topic - I just finished Jak and Dexter: the precursor legacy I wasn't too impressed with it. The controlls just weren't sharp enough for me. The collection system was good though. Anyway point of mentioning this - does the controls get better in the later games?

Munkeh111 said:
FishyJoe said:
Munkeh111 said:

Probably making it up.

Most rumors don't have to be true, but you get credit anyway for breaking big ones... so it makes sense to just guess at what seems semi-plausable as a rumor.

All very interesting. I wonder how reliable it is?

@ max, 2 and 3 are different, they have guns, so the focus of the game is changed, but I never had any problem with looseness. I also think you can forgive it for having slightly lose controls given that it came out about 7-8 years ago