By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there a chance the PS3 WON'T hit 20m this year?

As of now (November 22, 2008), the PS3 has 7 weeks of data left to account for before the year is over.

Right now, the PS3 stands at 16.89m worldwide. There are 3.11 million units keeping it from the 20 million milestone. However, for the past two weeks, the PS3 has fallen behind in Year over Year (07' weekly sales compared to 08' weekly sales).

In order for the PS3 to make it to 20 million, it must sell an average of 444,285 units worldwide in the next 7 weeks.

Do you think it can make it? If so/not so, please explain why.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I dont think it will manage.( I will write more later)

no way, 3 mil in just 1 month,

on other hand xbox will be a lot closer to 25 mil this nov, and 27mil for Dec.

This is a bit depressing, I predicted 21.5-22.5M just 2 months ago.

Just to put in a bit perspective to this post (which I will make my prediction from).

In the same period last year, Ps3 sold 3050K, it needs around 100K more than that this year.

I'm thinking Ps3 will end in the 19900-20100K range, seriously. It is going to be a hell of a close.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

How much did it sell over the last 7 weeks last year? If less than 3.11 million then it will be tough.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

I think it could make 445,285. They have the advantage because their sales will likely see an increase during Black Friday and Christmas season. So when you add the amount of PS3's sold during Black Friday to Christmas, it will probaly sell around 450k worldwide.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Its impossible at this point, Sony wont get there console to 20M in 2008 imo.

I'll Explain in detail after i take a nap.

looks like it might not. It will sell over 400,000 the last couple weeks before christmas but it won't average 450,000.

19 million is decent though and ps3 will sell 27.3 Million by end of 2009!

no chance for me, maybe 19m

the ps3 sold around 2.8 million consoles in the same period last year, with much fewer games.

this year, they have a lot more games, but the economy is in the mudhole. so despite all the new games, i doubt they can reach 20 million without some kind of government intervention to suddenly soothe the economy.

i predict they will get to 19 million+, the ceiling probably would be 19.5 million.