By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do I express my displeasure toward third parties?

patjuan32 said:

Both of you guys are missing the point. Nintendo did not betray the core audience. They've developed Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros., Battalion wars II, Super Paper Mario, and Fire Emblem: Radient Dawn just to name a few.

Third party developers are the ones that are betraying Nintendo. The use the Wii as a dumping ground for any shovel ware title trying to make the next Wii sports. Multiplatform games that appear on the Wii usually have less Modes and features than the other versions simply because it is the last one to be developed and developers cut coners to get the game to the market on schedule. Rock Band, Call of Duty: World at war, and Sonic Unleashed are examples of this. There are a lot more though. Finally, there are developers that are using game engines designed for the PS2 to develop games for the Wii. The bottom line is that developers and publishers are not investing in the Wii. There are third party engines on the market that could be used but instead developers and publishers want to be as cheap as possible on the Wii while trying to reap the  cash rewards. It's not going to happen. Core gamers are too smart. Even casual gamers are waking up. This is why Ubisoft now has to actually advertise their shovelware. It is not selling like it once was. Casuals are leaving that crap on the shelves. This is going to continue to happen. Nintendo's casual offerings usually has depth.

The Sims would be a great fit for the Wii. The Wii remote and Nunchuck would allow the casaul audience as well as the core to experice The Sims and play it just like their PC counter parts.

Itadaki Street Wii Mushroom Kingdom Versus Final Fantasy would be a game, like the Sims, that could be enjoyed by the Casual as well as the core.

The Wii remote can mimic the mouse on a 2d plane perfectly. Yet no one will develop a Real Time Strategy game for the Wii. It makes no sense and is completely shocking. EA has developed Command and Conquer games for the Xbox 360 and PS3 using gamepads that has led to complex controls.

Third parties that invest in the Wii will be rewarded.

OK... NOW WHAT? Just to let you know, COD: WAW and Sonic Unleashed was a good game. Unless you believe in reviews by IGN and you might just buy Castlevania judgement than buy Sonic Unleashed or AC: CF which is lulzy.

Its Nintendo that make these third parties cater to the casual crowd if not, then their E3 could be different. But guess not, RIGHT? E3 2007 they announced Wii Fit E3 2008 they announced Wii Music and dedicated 20 minutes just to endorsed it. Disruption wasnt exactly a good thing, Nintendo just want to make sure that SONY and MS bleeds money and other third parties that ditched Nintendo and make a full frontal attack to destroy the competition completely. The october conference was the sign its already happening you're surprised that there are more games that is in store for us this coming year arent you? Simply because Reggie says about third parties doesnt mean they mean it, if not they could do something about it.

Nintendo wants to make it this way, now most of the games by PS3 and Xbox 360 are either exclusive shooters or ports of PC games. SONY and MS knew theyre like a mouse trapped in a cage wants to go out but no avail. They want to appeal with the expanded audience like price cuts and lips and LBP but we knew what happened. SONY and MS cant feed the small userbase for how long its only a matter of time before MS and SONY gives up, and forced the 3rd parties to develop games on the Wii wether they like it or not.  We're all pawn in all of this, yeah... Nintendo used all of you the Nintendo fans to make sure their planned work and it worked thank goodness Im not in that crowd since Im a PSX PS2 gamer before. This is the reason why Im not in this console war drama anymore because I knew what Ninty is planned all along.

I just want to know if COD WAW have legs and sells just to show third parties that there are core gamer crowd on the Wii.

P.S. I forgot, I think there'll be a Wii HD developing now by Ninty and will announced in 2011, so much for PS3 10 year plan...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

...that's quite a conspiracy theory. If releasing high-quality games from most of their major franchises (and interesting new IPs) is Nintendo's way of 'using' me, then by all means make me yours Nintendo!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

BoleroOfFire said:
...that's quite a conspiracy theory. If releasing high-quality games from most of their major franchises (and interesting new IPs) is Nintendo's way of 'using' me, then by all means make me yours Nintendo!

Thats their paln all along. Thats why most of the games featured in October conference are published by Ninty...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

OT: Like they said, just don't support the bad games and support the good ones. I think that castlevania judgment is a very good game, a bit experimental but good, but until I play it I am not sure. CODWAW it seems to be a "here it is..be happy and shut up" kind of port and I think that we wouldn't support that. I think that we Nintendo owners shouldn't beg for pity to the elitist 3d parties. They insist in treating us like retards and we shouldn't let that happen. In the end, they will regret it.

@Yushire, you don't work for Nintendo and I REALLY doubt that they will disclosure your real plans. I think you're being pretty paranoic. And, uhm...Nintendo betrayed us? No. The core gamers left Nintendo to the brilliiant Halo and GTA robot clones and they just did what they had to do: mover over and start anew. Why cater to the audience that they tried to please and in the end they turned their back? For example, It pisses me off that all the nintendo core gamers were asking for a "realistic" zelda. Nintendo delivered Twilight Princess which was the core wanted and they criticized it saying that "is not the same"?! Do you think Nintendo will ever listen to them again? I support Nintendo in that part. They are doing a great job shepherding new gamers and the ungrateful fanboys can't complain. They were looking for it.

And besides, we are talking about Third parties! Not Nintendo! why everybody suddenly want Nintendo to beg to them?! that's absurd! Nintendo is not their dad. Nintendo gave them a mature console, with low development costs and technically NO content control..then what the hell they want?! Third parties are not idiots. They just want to act that way. As I said, worst for them.

Bobbuffalo said:
OT: Like they said, just don't support the bad games and support the good ones. I think that castlevania judgment is a very good game, a bit experimental but good, but until I play it I am not sure. CODWAW it seems to be a "here it is..be happy and shut up" kind of port and I think that we wouldn't support that. I think that we Nintendo owners shouldn't beg for pity to the elitist 3d parties. They insist in treating us like retards and we shouldn't let that happen. In the end, they will regret it.

@Yushire, you don't work for Nintendo and I REALLY doubt that they will disclosure your real plans. I think you're being pretty paranoic. And, uhm...Nintendo betrayed us? No. The core gamers left Nintendo to the brilliiant Halo and GTA robot clones and they just did what they had to do: mover over and start anew. Why cater to the audience that they tried to please and in the end they turned their back? For example, It pisses me off that all the nintendo core gamers were asking for a "realistic" zelda. Nintendo delivered Twilight Princess which was the core wanted and they criticized it saying that "is not the same"?! Do you think Nintendo will ever listen to them again? I support Nintendo in that part. They are doing a great job shepherding new gamers and the ungrateful fanboys can't complain. They were looking for it.

And besides, we are talking about Third parties! Not Nintendo! why everybody suddenly want Nintendo to beg to them?! that's absurd! Nintendo is not their dad. Nintendo gave them a mature console, with low development costs and technically NO content control..then what the hell they want?! Third parties are not idiots. They just want to act that way. As I said, worst for them.

What I did say was its Ninty that did this to third parties. Its all in the plan, and now that SONY and MS bleeds money with their core franchises in the small core market, 3rd parties spend too much on developing on these systems, and casual spin off didnt do anything to third parties, then this is time for Nintendo to move and forced the third parties to develop on the Wii or else...

Nintendo have a back up plan when third parties turned into another direction by just making and publishing quality games on the system if Wii owners arent satisfied with third party offerings. I think Namco bandai gets it, SEGA gets it, SE and Konami still dont get it and western third parties dont get it. I think 3rd parties will realize this but its too late, we will see this in 2009 thats my prediction. Just read my sig. And yeah, they move direction with their loyal fanbase to cater to more profitable one, anyone remember this on E3 2004?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXrsK8ICp8E

NO, this will not happen again, and if it is its not as exciting. I think Nintendo is catering to my crowd who have a PSX and PS2 before, and not experience having a GC. Im posting this because Im satisfied with my purchase, just look at my game lists only on the Wii. The only ones who really arent satified are the loyal Nintendo fans that still buy a N64 even theres no games at launch except for Super Mario 64 and Pilot Wings and a GC even there are more games on the PS2.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

If you wish to change the way third party's do things there is only one answer. To burn the flesh of the innocent.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions