By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nippon Ichi's unrevealed PS3 game... what happend?

Soriku said:
The Wii stole their hearts.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/11/06/nippon-ichi-secures-a-wiiwiiware-developer-license/

Nippon Ichi, the Disgaea series developer, are taking their talents to the Wii. On November 4th the company signed a contract to become an official Wii developer. Knowing the savvy Siliconera audience you’re probably aware of this already. Inside a long list of WiiWare games Nippon Ichi’s first title was inadvertently announced.

Let’s Hitchhike (temporary name) is slated for a March 2009 release on WiiWare in Japan. We still don’t know anything else about it, but it sure doesn’t sound related to Disgaea. So, how long will it be until a thousand prinnies are chained to a thousand computers to make a Disgaea game for the Wii?

Huh i didn't know that.  Guess i was wrong on that one.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
mibuokami said:
Shadowblind said:

Lol, I love how people still think Microsoft is money hatting every game.

You think Namco and SE just decided to launch their RPG ONLY on the 360 just because MS asked nicely? Come now you're smarter than that.

Or do you mean by the above statement that you do not believe a monetary transaction took place? If that is the case we're arguing over semantic and I'm finished.

This.  I mean Sony actually owns a big stake in the company (third largest shareholder).  If money didn't change hands somewhere, then paint me green and call me Leonard Maltin.

It doesn't matter.  Sony owning stock that is.  The CEO and companys main duty is to make sure the company makes the most money it can.

Unless Sony owned a majority i believe it would be ilelgal for SE to give them any advantage. (of course that kind of thing is hard to prove.)

Otherwise the CEO would be defrauding the rest of the stock owners to benefit one holder.

Sony would need a controlling intrest.

1st off, sony doesnt own a big stake in square-enix. sony owns around 9% on the company and that isnt a big stake its a very small one. and i think most developers are wanting to bring their games on multi systems because of the cost. and also re5 taking longer too come out, wasnt because of m$. if ppl remember correctly re5 was shown off for the 1st time on the 360 and not the ps3. and just because a game isnt shown off, suddenly its m$'s fault, come on ppl use some common sense. i am sure nippon ichi will make alot more games on the ps3 and they will be fun and great games, they just now want too make games for the wii and maybe the 360. either way, it just means more of their games will be played on more systems.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
1st off, sony doesnt own a big stake in square-enix. sony owns around 9% on the company and that isnt a big stake its a very small one. and i think most developers are wanting to bring their games on multi systems because of the cost. and also re5 taking longer too come out, wasnt because of m$. if ppl remember correctly re5 was shown off for the 1st time on the 360 and not the ps3. and just because a game isnt shown off, suddenly its m$'s fault, come on ppl use some common sense. i am sure nippon ichi will make alot more games on the ps3 and they will be fun and great games, they just now want too make games for the wii and maybe the 360. either way, it just means more of their games will be played on more systems.

It's like the third biggest...

Of course, 1,2 and 4 are basically all the same guy.

Fukushima.

So i mean really... if anyone who had stock had any say...

mibuokami said:
Shadowblind said:

You think Namco and SE just decided to launch their RPG ONLY on the 360 just because MS asked nicely? Come now you're smarter than that.

Or do you mean by the above statement that you do not believe a monetary transaction took place? If that is the case we're arguing over semantic and I'm finished.

See? Love it! It creates such great drama. And all thw while I'm getting to play this "said money hatted game" while laughing at my computer. Bravo!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

why are people bringing the SE relation to NIS into the discusssion when their publisher is Atlus?

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
why are people bringing the SE relation to NIS into the discusssion when their publisher is Atlus?

Atlus doesn't publish anymore NIS titles. NIS America does

I'm sure they're working on both platforms...

I think Nintendo is going to purchase NIS. Nope, I'm just joking to up my post count.

Actually, they are probably still working on the title and have nothing to show right now. Guys be patient. Developing games takes time. Not every studio is into creating CGI videos to showcase games that are months to years away from release.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

akuma587 said:
mibuokami said:
Shadowblind said:

This.  I mean Sony actually owns a big stake in the company (third largest shareholder).  If money didn't change hands somewhere, then paint me green and call me Leonard Maltin.

I Triple this. +3