By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nippon Ichi's unrevealed PS3 game... what happend?

So, if anyone can remember earlier this year Nippon Ichi had a candid interview (at E3? - cant recall) by RPGamer about business and the future. Among that NI's US representative mentioned that they were hard at work on a new PS3 game that was going to "take more advantage of the PS3 hardware". Also adding that should be revealed either later september or early October (close to Tokyo Game show).

Im just wondering happend. We're past that period by now.

And to me... all this seems quite concerning and perhaps suspicious.

you see, similiar stuff stuff has been stated by devs before... and then re-emerging to have gone a complete u-turn in terms of platform.

From observation usually this sudden lack of appearence means that Microsoft has had their hands involved. If you noticed, some important PS3 centric projects suddenly face longer delays due to change of mind or persuasion from a rivaling competitor. As demonstrated by some titles like T6, FFXIII & RE5.

Also, Microsoft is quite aggresive on the RPG market, they are going out of their way to make sure majority of the RPGs make way to their platform. Just judging by business decisions and behaviour.

Adding to the possibility is that it was mentioned that the game announcement would 'please the hardcore'. And considering thats a large part of Microsoft target group I'd imagine they wouldn't want to miss that kind of game.

Microsoft has a tradition of following all the hardcore game centered news, by having 'spies' (something Sony hasn't waked the fuck up to yet) on 'certain boards (ahem! Jeff bell) to follow up on regards to what excites gamers alike and new possibly worth paying for short/long-time exclusive deals. And the smell Im getting now... seems like it be the handywork of MS & co.

All Im just saying is that this missing announcement has all the key characteristics of a Microsoft interference.

Personally I hope it aint true, but signs show it could possibly be. Especially since Microsoft treats this game exclusive dominance as a personal matter (dont want to turn this into a hate rant, about my dislike to Shane Kim's sholving for gamers to their console for any cost) generally anything towards the competitor (Sony/PS3) as a personal matter.

But it does get you wondering... why did NIS skip that announcement?

Nippon Ichi : do the right thing . dont be a sell out.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Lol, I love how people still think Microsoft is money hatting every game.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Without the original link this is hard to comment on

Hmmmm, not sure, perhaps they needed more time. With all the quality titles releasing perhaps the company used the camouflage to take that extra time to polish the game......we shall see.

Shadowblind said:

I bet you do.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

You think Namco and SE just decided to launch their RPG ONLY on the 360 just because MS asked nicely? Come now you're smarter than that.

Or do you mean by the above statement that you do not believe a monetary transaction took place? If that is the case we're arguing over semantic and I'm finished.

mibuokami said:
Shadowblind said:

You think Namco and SE just decided to launch their RPG ONLY on the 360 just because MS asked nicely? Come now you're smarter than that.

Or do you mean by the above statement that you do not believe a monetary transaction took place? If that is the case we're arguing over semantic and I'm finished.

This.  I mean Sony actually owns a big stake in the company (third largest shareholder).  If money didn't change hands somewhere, then paint me green and call me Leonard Maltin.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

NIS has never been into big engineering budgets. I cannot imagine that they want to change their business strategy, just to compete with the powerhouse Japanese RPG makers that have been there with the tech for years.

They're smart to stick with the Wii, where sprite-based RPGs are still going to be perceived as cool.

I'm sure it's still coming.

@Soriku: I can't see them abandoning the (albeit pitiful) engine they made for Disgaea 3, as well as whatever work they had put into this new title, for a WiiWare game of all things.

NIS works on a surprising number of titles. I'm sure they're just working on both.

makingmusic476 said:
I'm sure it's still coming.

@Soriku: I can't see them abandoning the (albeit pitiful) engine they made for Disgaea 3, as well as whatever work they had put into this new title, for a WiiWare game of all things.

NIS works on a surprising number of titles. I'm sure they're just working on both.

I´m with soriku on this one, is more likely to focus on one cheap and successful platform than keep putting money on the other tittle at this time, maybe they will come back maybe not...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."